Give it a Rest

Started by not4me, August 13, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

Welcome news that TJ Hughes is moving into Middleton Grange but the way CAB is latching onto any positive news and claiming a connection to his 'Vision' is really starting to get on my tits.

"Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, the leader of Hartlepool Council, said: "This is fantastic news for the shopping centre and the town as a whole.
"With the recent launch of the Hartlepool Vision, we are looking forward to a bright and exciting future for Hartlepool and this announcement clearly demonstrates that TJ Hughes shares our confidence."
The positive development has been welcomed after M&S made the announcement in late July that it was planning to move to the Anchor Retail Park after decades of being based at Middleton Grange."

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/tj-hughes-store-chain-bringing-70-new-jobs-to-hartlepool-1-6781309

PostItNote

Good news that a new store is on it's way but sad news that it is another discount store.

A real vision would be Debenhams etc, and the confidence of M&S to stay in the Centre or at the very least for a full store to be retained, as it seems it is only grub on offer at the new store on the marina?