There are none so blind as those who cannot see...

Started by DRiddle, June 17, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

I just thought i'd share this little beauty from within the walls of HBC yesterday.

I walked in on a conversation between two elected members who were in the middle of a discussion about committtee chair allocation.

One had obviously been having a winge to the other about how it wasn't fair. The other, a Labour man, said words to the effect of  "Well it's reflective of government isn't it? Whichever party is in governement is in control, you won't find any members of other parties in the cabinet..."

He's right of course. Well, aside from the Deputy Prime Minister – Nick Clegg. Oh and the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills – Vince Cable. Oh and we must not forget the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change – Ed Davey. Oh then of course there's the Secretary of State for Scotland – Alaistair Carmichael . Oh and I nearly forgot the Minister for schools and the cabinet office – David Laws. Oh and Danny Alexander, Chief secretary to the treasury.

The councillor who made the comment was right of course. You don't usually find members of 'other parties' in the cabinet.

Unless of course there's a coalition. . .  ::)