influx of foreigners in to UK

Started by Sparky, December 31, 2013, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

January the 1st will see a huge influx of people from overseas being allowed to claim benefits after a 3 month stay of acceptance in the UK.

I can guess that south coast areas will have a surge in the population, I wonder if this will evident here in Hartlepool in the coming months.

DRiddle

I thought multiple usernames were banned from this forum?

Sparky

OMG as the teenagers at school would say, look i don't have another ID on here, David I don't post on here to try and encourage any one to try a figure out who ii am, if the truth be known if you knew who i was you wouldn't know me anyway, so stop stirring up trouble and contribute to my entry as you see fit, but contribute please.

thanks Sparky

DRiddle

Quoteso stop stirring up trouble

A fiercely ironic remark given you posted a deliberately provocative comment which was both jingoistic and xenophobic.

Our town already has issues with homophobia, racism and misogyny. The recent EDL marches have portrayed Hartlepool in a really bad light, so the last thing we need is people with your mind set scaremongering about 'foreigners'.

Hartlepool is over 98% 'white Anglo-Saxon' (whatever that means) and the unemployment rate is basically no different now than since the 1940s.

The number of "foreigners claiming benefits" is a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of pensions and welfare payments to our 'indigenous population'.

You need to read a little more widely than just the front page of The Daily Mail in 2014.

Happy new year.

Land Phil

A few more foreigners in the town might just shake things up a bit and bring about some change (for the good).

I've heard people of Hartlepool called lots of things like parochial, don't get out much.

The world outside Hartlepool has changed and the people in Hartlepool need waking up to the fact.

Hartlepool is the frog in the boiling the frog slowly story ...it will be dead soon and it won't realise it.

ARC86

Interesting that none of the UKIP posters have not had their say on the 5 million Eastern Europeans who entered the UK on New Years Day

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: ARC86 on January 03, 2014, 04: PM
Interesting that none of the UKIP posters have not had their say on the 5 million Eastern Europeans who entered the UK on New Years Day

Must have been one helluva queue in customs  ;)

Ryehill

I don't think that  U.K.I.P ever stated that 5 million Eastern Europeans would arrive on New Years Day or any other day.  Neither would the government make any predictions as to the number arriving, which was a wise decision in view of the previous governments prediction that only 13,000 Poles would arrive. Before scoffing at U.K.I.P. let's wait and see. In six months time we will have a better idea of actual numbers.

ARC86

Mr Farage clearly stated that 5 million Eastern Europeans would come to the UK on BBC Question Time, when he was challenged one of the panel/audience pointed out that the population of both countries was only 4.5m.. how embarassing!

norfolkngoode

'They don't like it up em'

Ryehill

ARC86 I think that you are making it up. On Question Time Nigel Farage did not make a prediction that 5 milliom Romanians/Bulgarians would come to this country. What he did say was that 29 million Romanians/Bulgarians would be entitled to come to this country. It was pointed out that the combined population of the two countries was only 28 million therefore what he said was wrong.
          As I said in a previous post let's wait 6 months and then we will have a better idea of numbers arriving.

ARC86

I knew he had got his figures mixed up somewhere along the lines.. i remember that programme as Farage got owned by tory MP Anna Soubry.. do UKIP want zero immigration? Its a bit like the Syria refugee situation, UKIP will only allow Christian refugees not Muslim refugees, whats that all about?

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on January 04, 2014, 12: PM
I knew he had got his figures mixed up somewhere along the lines.. i remember that programme as Farage got owned by tory MP Anna Soubry.. do UKIP want zero immigration? Its a bit like the Syria refugee situation, UKIP will only allow Christian refugees not Muslim refugees, whats that all about?

All the (right-wing) papers say that Farage has made a back-door deal with th e Tories that he will stand down UKIP candidates in key Tory marginals in return for a seat in the Lords  Come on lads deny it now so we can see if it actually does happen. UKIP-The Nigel Farage self-promotion society aka donkeys led by a liar!

The Great Dictator

The bulk of immigrants will reside in London and we need them there.

I was there last week and without immigrants there it would be a barren wasteland.