Cleveland Police in Bovver Again

Started by not4me, December 11, 2013, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

Cleveland Police seem to have gotten themselves some more bad publicity after CCTV footage went viral on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ixvylsnNf4

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/cleveland-police-defend-officers-over-6392378

The Great Dictator

tankerville

What appears to be heavy handed policing can be quite deceptive.

I witnessed a young man of around 5' 6" tall weighing 10 stone wringing wet yet it took 8 officers to put him into a police car he then kicked out the windows. He was like a wild animal.

He had walked into our hotel smoking what looked like a joint he was asked nice and politely to leave but refused to do so the police were called to remove him.

As gentle as could be he wa;ked outside with the officers they gave him every opportunity to go on his way then started threatening officers and using foul language again and again gave him every chance but he was determined not to go.

He was put in another police vehicle and tried to kick the windows out of that one.

If I had not seen it myself I would not have believed it so I'll keep an open mind on this.

Mr Mister

Thugs, Mug & bullies!

Very,very few decent police officer about, most are jumped up, pumped up tools, who like to drive around like the Sweeney, with a ner ner noise and a blue light..

Knobheads!

testing times

People who assault Police Officers should receive a mandatory prison sentence; none of this community service nonsense. In this case, the offender received 100hrs community service for head-butting two officers.

That said, the Police are there to enforce the law and to arrest offenders; the courts are there to judge and decide on punishment. When Police Officers think they are there to do both then we're in trouble. 

tankerville

When someone is in a uniform then some people think they have a right to talk to them how they like, what they forget is they are someone's daughter. son. father. or mother. doing a job of work if it was one of your family that was headbutted I'm quite sure you would have a different point of view.

Just spend a few hours down Church Street on a weekend and listen to the threats & abuse these officers are subjected too.

Please don't say It's their job. It isn't.

steveL

I'm with TT on this one. If you're saying because some a*r**o** has crossed the line then it's OK for the Police to do the same and join in then you're seriously wrong.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on December 12, 2013, 04: PM
I'm with TT on this one. If you're saying because some a*r**o** has crossed the line then it's OK for the Police to do the same and join in then you're seriously wrong.
Yes look what happened to Liddle Towers/Ian Tomlinson...........