Oh, Dear

Started by steveL, December 08, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear . . . .

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

Does Harry Potter live in Stockton ? :-X

mk1

Hartlepool's tree is being erected Teessside next year...................

norfolkngoode

Hilarious.......After spending millions and millions of pounds on that high street, thats the best they could do for a christmas tree?
'They don't like it up em'

Lucy Lass-Tick

Didn't Prince Albert introduce the Christmas tree to Britain, making it a German tradition? In Britain the Yule Log was perceived to be a symbol of light in the darkness linked to the midwinter solstice; with the end of the previous year's being used as kindling for the new wood - as a distinct touch of of 'contagious magic' surely a pagan symbol which was absorbed within Christianity?

not4me

not sure how you relate this to multi-culturalism.  It's a pathetic tree but they've done it to reduce costs and because they say there isn't enough room for a normal tree with the redevelopment going on.

A pathetic tree justified by pathetic excuses but bugger all to do with multi-culturalism.

rabbit

Mr Mister

I guess S.B.C. are a little tight for money this year, after spending £38,000,000 doing up the High St.  :o

steveL

SBC=Stockton Borough Council and it sounds about right to me - a big scheme to revamp the High Street
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

Yes, it's right... http://www.stockton.gov.uk/news/localnews/year2013/august/stocktonregen

Last year when our council were jumping for joy at getting a few bread crumbs in the form of  £100,000 worth of 'portas money', I asked a supplementary question to the effect of..... "What do you hope to achive in terms of improving the town centre with £100,000 that will compare with Stockton, who are spending 380 times that amount on their shopping centre?".

I can't actually remember the answer given.... I only managed to squeeze in a couple more supplementary questions after that before they banned them.

Dunno why....

Mr Mister

Yes £38m Kipperdip,  :o

The Great Dictator

Its not a lot in the construction world, it is if you are spending it on booze from Aldi.