The Report that refuses to die.

Started by Jeff, October 25, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Bloody thing has disappeared from the Mail Website.... Stalinism at work
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

Hartlepudlion

I gather the opposite happened. The proposal to have an EGM to debate the Mitchell Report was voted out by the Labour Group with Conservative backing. Stubbs was the main supporter of refusing the EGM on the basis " a line had to be drawn". NOTE Stubbs, a supposedly non-political appointment granted by the Labour Group. Apparently Ray Wells supported this as it was his original opinion that the Public enquiry was not necessary and a waste of money.

So this may be a case of the Mail mis-reporting a decision a week after the event.

Make your own opinion.

CC082

Well if misreporting is true they shouldn't have put it in the actual paper...

Tad embarrassing...

Hartlepudlion

CC082

Mr Mister

So they pick the brief, pick the bits he can talk about, pick the bits he can't, pick the people he can talk about and pick the people he can't, then he can only find on the bits they like, then Stubbs and the councillors decide it's not worth talking about after spending 20k to talk about it.

Am I getting the hang of it yet!

EVER GET THE FEELING YOU'VE BEEN CHEATED!

Hartlepudlion

A big apology in the Mail tonight. So they did get it wrong.

I still can't get over Stubbs becoming involved in this report. The Public Enquiry was into Cllrs actions/influence. The political arm not the executive arm of the Council. What has that got to do with him?Is he now the Deputy Leader of the Labour Grouop!

grim reaper

Hartlepudlion;
Who do you think appointed Stubbs to the post?     The Labour group! 
Quid pro quo.  8)

Hartlepudlion

Yep! And according to Stevel he has gone off on a jolly with them. I wonder who he took