Refuse collection

Started by bill, October 25, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit

Come off it, it's, hardly hard work having to decide which bin to put your ribbish in,.... as for dumping it in the one bin, most of the recyclable thngs like paper for instance will be rendered useless

Riddler. I am as diligent as anyone in recycling. Our green bin is practically empty after 2 weeks. I have two compost bins.

How far do you go though with this mandatory recycling, chasing a problem? There was talk a while ago here on introducing another wheelie bin per household in Hartlepool. Apart from the difficulty some people now have in finding somewhere to store their bins, there must also be the cost in manufacture of all the existing plastic wheelie bins (say 90,000 in town?) plus the end costs of recycling them.

As for the one bin system, tin cans, aluminium cans, glass bottles, plastics can still be recovered from the mixture in a central depot. How the remainder (paper, cardboard, nappies etc) should be treated is debateable.

I am really being devil`s advocate here as I do not agree with building mountains of waste.

steveL

There's very little in modern domestic refuse that can't be put to further use. Let's face it, as a species we're just lazy bas**ar*s all too keen to pass on a problem to someone else - out of site out of mind. It's the same attitude that has made Hartlepool the dog sh**e capital of the UK.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.