Private Eye

Started by Inspector Knacker, July 12, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I went to buy it this morning in W H Smiths and couldn't find it... eventually the batch was found  wrapped up in the Jewish Chronicle.... took it home to find someone called Wilcox in the rotten boroughs section and an MP called Iain Wright in the HP sauce column. What a coincidence.!!!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

not4me

What was the bit about Wrighty? I'll pick up a copy tomorrow. Soon there'll be more about the dodgy operations of the local council in Private Eye than there is in The Mail.

Here's a thought to consider. If it wasn't for this site, would The Mail or anyone else be even talking about Ms Wilcox and Co.? They all would have been more than happy to let it to go on forever.

stokoe

even though it an absolute disgrace whats gone on in the town

sorry to say 80% of the numpties haven't got a clue,thats what the corrupt lot like it to be.

mk1

The current issue for Angie and Wright.

and OCR copies of the offending articles for any putative  leaflet writers..........

WITH impeccable timing Labour's Iain Wright, shadow minister for competitiveness and enterprise, announces in the register of MPs' interests that he has taken on a new assistant, supplied free of charge by City accountancy firm Deloitte, to help draw up Labour's business policy. Can this be the same Deloitte that, to widespread dismay, recently gave a job to ex-HM Revenue & Customs boss Dave Hartnett, who had helped its audit clients Vodafone and Starbucks secure their low tax deals? Or the same firm that was hired by Lloyds Banking Group to rtm the call centre that was meant to clear up the scandal of its mis-sold payment protection insurance, only to be exposed by an undercover reporter for unfairly blocking compensation claims? Or the firm whose joint venture running welfare-to-work contracts worth millions with the Australian firm lngeus achieved such staggeringly poor results for the UK public purse? Er, yes. So while Ed Miliband makes speeches denouncing "short-term, fast buck, take what you can" firms and "predatory capitalism", his shadow business minister is being helped to write Labour policy by a City firm tamished by a series of scandals. Shome mishtake, shurely?

WAGES OF SIN

HYPOCRITICAL Labour councillor Angie Wilcox (Eyes passim), who campaigns against poverty and "Tory cuts" while running a community association which pays less than the minimum wage, has been branded a liar by a judge. Judge Andrew Buchanan, sitting on an employment tribunal appeal at Teesside magistrates' cotut, said Wilcox's evidence had been "tainted with dishonesty". She had tried to prove that her Manor Residents Association, which in April was found to have been paying illegal wages to cleaner Lynda Gooding, had responded to the proceedings within the given time limit, denying the accusation, and the case should be re-heard. The original tribunal went ahead because the charity had not responded by 7 March. A letter was received the following day, but this was out of time. Wilcox tried to prove the letter had been sent in February. But the judge said the councillor had attempted to mislead him. He said an entry in the organisation's post book was "dishonest". It showed a letter sent out on 23 February, 12 days before the court deadline — but the envelope that arrived at Teesside magistrates' court was dated 6 March and posted second-class. Judge Buchanan said it was an "insulting attempt" to mislead him. He upheld his award of £8,805 to 56-year-old Mrs Gooding, who worked 37 hours a week for the charity for just £5.4O an hour, less than the national minimum wage of £6. 19. Wilcox's Labour colleagues, who previously gave her unswerving support, have at last suspended her pending an investigation. 

Watch out for Labour supporters (most likely a red-nosed ex squaddie unsteady on his feet)scrambling  around the newsagents to buy up all available copies...................

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on July 12, 2013, 12: PM
I went to buy it this morning in W H Smiths and couldn't find it... eventually the batch was found  wrapped up in the Jewish Chronicle....

Are you suggesting someone tried to hide the copies so they could not be viewed?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on July 12, 2013, 11: PM
I went to buy it this morning in W H Smiths and couldn't find it... eventually the batch was found  wrapped up in the Jewish Chronicle....

Are you suggesting someone tried to hide the copies so they could not be viewed?
I merely relate the facts, ........ great difficulty locating it and my oppo found it along with rest of the batch snugly wrapped up in the Jewish Chronicle like a baby in a duvet.... obviously the copies of Private Eye where a bit chilly and some passing good samaritan took pity and decided to wrap them up to keep them warm ....... and I'm the king of of the Chinese pixies.
Also interesting on the same page was the article on Premier Waste, some of names rung a bell, but couldn't work out why.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

brassed off monkey

Quote from: mk1 on July 12, 2013, 11: PM

I wonder if one of the lackeys was given £50 Quid out of the "Very Petty" cash tin in the "Dear Leaders" desk draw & told to toddle off to WHS.