Wonder why?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, July 05, 2021, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Wonder why? The vaccination rate for Hartlepool is somewhat behind the national average - nationally, first doses stand at 86.1% - Hartlepool's on just 78.4%. Second jabs, the national average is 64%, with Hartlepool standing on 61.4%. What might be behind this?

Inspector Knacker

I've found the system via the GP a bit slow, that's just my personal experience but I got there.
However it could be the Luddite tendency on the uptake of the vaccine. I know perfectly well educated people who are suspicious of the vaccine and are reluctant to risk having it. I really can't see it being a supply problem.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Have now had both jabs - but my GPs weren't playing!

Inspector Knacker

When I went for my first jab I was sat in the waiting to leave area in the Town Hall when this old bloke complained that....'this is ridiculous, we should have been brought in for these jabs when it first started', a bloke nearby said it's just been created.... it went over his head.

eddy

There was a really funny photo doing the rounds about how people are more than willing to ram god knows what up their noses in Vibes on a Friday but "Wouldnt dare tek that untested vaccine like marraaah".  There is a separate chat about libertarians and having to show evidence of being vax'd etc.  I had my second jab yesterday, fully ready for Bill Gates to control my thoughts so his fiveegeeee

Inspector Knacker

That baffles me too. The chest beating freedom fighters whining at the vaccine use, yet if given the choice of expert medical and scientific advice or some pop eyed frothing fanatic in a pub, odd as it may seem, I'll chooses the experts every time.
One gripe I do have is these people who strut into supermarkets with their lanyard round their neck with a little green and yellow card excluding them for health reasons from wearing a mask. My daughter works for the NHS and travels around the country, when asked she said I understand you can just order them off the internet...so are they issued by the NHS or your GP...?
By the way, if you can't wear a mask, wear a visor.

eddy

You can buy those lanyards on ebay I think, although they have removed the mandate for mask wearing so this is a moot point.  There is a growing number of folks who are being radicalised on the internet about the vaccines and C19 in general.  If you dont buy into their mantra you are being controlled, which isnt without a sense of irony   

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 06, 2021, 04: PM
That baffles me too. The chest beating freedom fighters whining at the vaccine use, yet if given the choice of expert medical and scientific advice or some pop eyed frothing fanatic in a pub, odd as it may seem, I'll chooses the experts every time.
One gripe I do have is these people who strut into supermarkets with their lanyard round their neck with a little green and yellow card excluding them for health reasons from wearing a mask. My daughter works for the NHS and travels around the country, when asked she said I understand you can just order them off the internet...so are they issued by the NHS or your GP...?
It is not possible to obtain one via your doctor, or any form of proof of exemption. As such, it's the system as it is that should be blamed, and not the individuals declaring exemption.
I believe everything and nothing

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: diSme on July 06, 2021, 05: PM
It is not possible to obtain one via your doctor, or any form of proof of exemption. As such, it's the system as it is that should be blamed, and not the individuals declaring exemption.

Sorry, but I can't buy into this one. If someone does something they believe to be unethical it isn't the 'system' that's to blame - it is their own lack of conscience. Some seem to be rather to keen to let the 'system' do their thinking for them, thus absolving them of the need for personal responsibility.

diSme

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on July 06, 2021, 05: PM

Sorry, but I can't buy into this one. If someone does something they believe to be unethical it isn't the 'system' that's to blame - it is their own lack of conscience. Some seem to be rather to keen to let the 'system' do their thinking for them, thus absolving them of the need for personal responsibility.
It is NOT possible to obtain proof of exemption from your GP. That's a fact. So are you to judge everyone as being a chancer just taking the p**s out of the system on that basis?

Inspector Knacker

I heard a man and woman talking in a large supermarket in town to another couple and they said they wouldn't wear a mask because they looked stupid....they obviously hadn't looked in the mirror for 20 years, but again begs the question, wear a visor, but no they have to be kicking against what they class as stupid.
How can someone be allowed to churn out an exemption card and presumably sell them without being aware of the persons medical background.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 06, 2021, 07: PM
I heard a man and woman talking in a large supermarket in town to another couple and they said they wouldn't wear a mask because they looked stupid....they obviously hadn't looked in the mirror for 20 years, but again begs the question, wear a visor, but no they have to be kicking against what they class as stupid.
How can someone be allowed to churn out an exemption card and presumably sell them without being aware of the persons medical background.
Again, for the third time, your doctor will not provide you with evidence to validate your medical conditions/history. So how exactly is a person supposed to prove it?

Inspector Knacker

Equally it is not possible to obtain Class A drugs from your Doctor, so does that justify obtaining them from 'others sources'....?
This is a mountain out of a mole hill by people who from day one have decided they aren't going to wear a mask or visor, the cards on lanyards they wave about are worthless.
How does something as benign as wearing a visor constrict your breathing in the same way as a face mask, it doesn't, so there's no excuse not to wear one.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 06, 2021, 11: PM

Equally it is not possible to obtain Class A drugs from your Doctor, so does that justify obtaining them from 'others sources'....?
This is a mountain out of a mole hill by people who from day one have decided they aren't going to wear a mask or visor, the cards on lanyards they wave about are worthless.
How does something as benign as wearing a visor constrict your breathing in the same way as a face mask, it doesn't, so there's no excuse not to wear one.
Obviously it is a criminal offence to sell class A drugs, whereas it is not an offence to sell lanyards, so your comparison is tenuous at best.

Regarding the visors, there are valid medical reasons for people not being able to wear those either. It's not just about the ability to breathe.

Lucy Lass-Tick

You're missing my point, Disme. I'm perfectly aware that GPs don't issue exemption certificates. Also that lanyards are readily available. I'm not even sure just how valuable masks may (or may not) be - could they be the 21st century version of garlic warding off vampires? What really concerns me is how so many people have handed their own sense of responsibility to the government/police/authorities and now wait to be told what to do. Can they not think for themselves - consult their own conscience before making a decision?