Police Cells re-opening.

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 24, 2021, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddy

You lot, to define, is mostly the same small group of people all agreeing with each other on here these days anyways.  Sort of like a big warm anti-labour comfort blanket.  Suppose the post has served its purpose I guess, its interesting the home page seems to have stopped shining a spot light on local politics and its forum has basically become a mouth piece for Mr Knacker to go off on weird little rants about Labour / tanning studios. 

And by brainwashed, hmm, there is an alternative story here where the money was suddenly made available because the person in charge is now of the correct political persuasion for the gov.  Have you been through the accounts in detail to check the claim its within the same budget?

Also, I hate to p**s on your chips, but this was being considered in Feb 2021 by the dreaded previous administration (before then actually).  The new administration are now coming in and taking over / credit for what had already happened before, I doubt the background work and financial costs could be done in the period since the local elections 

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/cleveland-police-developing-proposal-to-reuse-hartlepools-mothballed-police-cells-3148558

I am happy to reconsider my view in lieu actual evidence to support the notion the previous administration was in someway diverting money from front line policing to line their pockets (or some other inefficiencies).  But we arent big on evidence on here, just wild accusations and generalizations.  And this plays well doesnt it, yea we will give you some money back to open the police station now so we can make ourselves look good.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on June 28, 2021, 04: PM
You lot, to define, is mostly the same small group of people all agreeing with each other on here these days anyways.
Last time I checked it was perfectly legal. It obviously upsets you.
Sort of like a big warm anti-labour comfort blanket.
No, big warm anti-idiot comfort blanket. You just happen to support the current table toppers.
Suppose the post has served its purpose I guess,
Meaning you don't like Labour being mocked?
its interesting the home page seems to have stopped shining a spot light on local politics and its forum has basically become a mouth piece for Mr Knacker to go off on weird little rants about Labour / tanning studios. 
Oh I don't know, you seem to care.

And by brainwashed, hmm, there is an alternative story here where the money was suddenly made available because the person in charge is now of the correct political persuasion for the gov.  Have you been through the accounts in detail to check the claim its within the same budget?
Have you? As for the 'correct political persuasion' comment are you soooo naive that you don't realise they all reward there loyal subjects. Sadly our loyalty was just taken for granted, and just patronised....or we wouldn't have elected a Tory MP. WAKE UP!

Also, I hate to p**s on your chips, but this was being considered in Feb 2021 by the dreaded previous administration (before then actually).
It appears someone has been enlightening or re-programming  you within your circle ....so give us the names
The new administration are now coming in and taking over / credit for what had already happened before, I doubt the background work and financial costs could be done in the period since the local elections 

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/cleveland-police-developing-proposal-to-reuse-hartlepools-mothballed-police-cells-3148558

I am happy to reconsider my view in lieu actual evidence to support the notion the previous administration was in someway diverting money from front line policing to line their pockets (or some other inefficiencies).
No you won't because you appear to have already convinced yourself of the right of your own argument. Nice try.
But we arent big on evidence on here, just wild accusations and generalizations.  And this plays well doesnt it, yea we will give you some money back to open the police station now so we can make ourselves look good.
You're so marinated in the 'Labour Good everyone else bad' tradition, you lose track of the discussion

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

I personally have no allegiance to any party. In fact I'd like to see the end of party politics.

I prefer to look at the merits of the individuals, rather than the party they represent.

A case in point - I recently had cause to email the 3 representative councillors of the ward in which I reside, regarding a couple of ongoing issues in my area that needed to be addressed.

I sent a single email and CC'd the three relevant councillors into the email. Within 24hrs I received a response from only one of the councillors, and he fully addressed the issues that I had raised to my absolute satisfaction, and took the time to converse with me and request that I keep him updated regarding the said issues to ensure that they are fully dealt with appropriately. This was over a week ago, and I still haven't heard a peep from the other two councillors.

The councillor that took the time to help resolve the problems has absolutely gained a future vote from myself, and probably from quite a few of my neighbours, friends and family.

Regardless of his party affiliations, he did the job he is appointed to do......
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There should be no Party politics in local elections, any candidate should be an independent and reside in the ward they represent. Leave Party politics for the National level.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 28, 2021, 07: PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There should be no Party politics in local elections, any candidate should be an independent and reside in the ward they represent. Leave Party politics for the National level.

Agree - 100%.

diSme

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on June 28, 2021, 09: PM

Agree - 100%.

Likewise. Party politics is irrelevant at a local level. It should be local people serving local residents....
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on June 28, 2021, 09: PM

Agree - 100%.

Same.....live in ward and represent ward as independent.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

I think having Party politics at a local level creates a 'local' representative with two masters, the Party and the voters....and we know who'll win every time in that scenario....and this naturally applies to ALL Party's (before Eddy gets the vapours).
I feel a local Councillor must live in the ward they represent, we've seen too many cases of Councillors  from more salubrious areas coming like latter day political missionaries to those wards where they weigh the votes for the 'me dad voted for them' contingent. The thing is, they get elected yet fail to realise a stuffed horse's a**e with their Party rosette on it would probably get elected with a bigger majority.

eddy

I get the impression then you all see it as more of a meritocracy than something of political persuasion, at least at local level.  This a reasonable approach, I am not as dyed in the wool as you may think.  For the record I am livid with what the previous incarnations of Labour have done in this down to foster the situation we now find ourselves in. 

That said, on a national level, I see parallels with the current gov and cronyism of old we found in Hartlepool.  They aint exactly crowning themselves with glory at the moment between dodgy NHS contracts to mates, appointing mistresses etc.  And you cant really pretend the whole Austerity thing didnt happen (as much as you seek to diminish the argument as "just another labour clone bleating on").  It was responsible for a multitude of cuts in public services which directly (and indirectly) impact us still. 

This whole cash cannon being aimed at Teesside is literally just the gov giving back some of what they already taken from the area, not all of it either.  You may claim I am a mug but who is really being taken along for a ride here?  As I say, provide some actual evidence to back up your claims on this issue, or prove it wasnt something that had already been started, and I am more than happy to sit and eat humble pie.     

Inspector Knacker

Name one major development Labour invested in Hartlepool in the past 60 years.
You appear to 'Labour' under the misapprehension we're all Tories rubbing our hands, we ain't. We're more like Statler and Waldorf, ready to shoot down the next government of any persuasion. That's the joy of being a floating voter, happy to be bribed with promises, but ready to open fire if they don't come. Your faith in Labour is touching, but that's your Achilles heel.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 29, 2021, 04: PM
Your faith in Labour is touching, but that's your Achilles heel.

Nicely put bottom line is lets see what new Tory MP does....clouncil is lead by a 2 x drunk driver and the only people the clowncil are interested in are themselves.....local politics needs reforming too.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Agree. I just don't get this naive belief that the Tories are buying our votes, of course they are, but there's more to it than that, the a**e is falling out of Labour's world and everybody sees it except the Labour loyalists.
We've waited decades for someone to reward us for our votes....... Bring it on.
Labour did it for decades in the North East, siting government offices in the chosen ones areas while loyal, servile Hartlepool could be safely ignored and forgotten and received the sum total of Jack s**t for decades.
If they don't pump money into the town there'll be a price to pay, but that doesn't mean bumbling Labour will be the obvious choice by any stretch of the imagination.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: akarjl2 on June 29, 2021, 05: PM

Nicely put bottom line is lets see what new Tory MP does....clouncil is lead by a 2 x drunk driver and the only people the clowncil are interested in are themselves.....local politics needs reforming too.
To be fair, after the Dumpling Dictator's gloriously disastrous reign where they gormlessly stood by mute as everything from hospital services to courts were shipped out of town as they waved it goodbye, I'd honestly rather  have employed the long gone PG Tips chimps to run the town......
In fact as long as the grass gets cut and things are looked after I'd look favourably on the Devil running things.