Batley and Spen by election.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 21, 2021, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

Quote from: eddy on May 25, 2021, 11: AM
Absolutely, they need to discredit and rubbish the ladies personal life asap.  Can you forward to the Express and Mail asap so they can get their splurge sorted

Stones ......glass houses......shes been a "member" for a month or so it would seem certainly not the required 12 months.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Quote from: eddy on May 25, 2021, 11: AM
Absolutely, they need to discredit and rubbish the ladies personal life asap.

Correct she's a hypocrite.

Inspector Knacker

And I ask again, how long has she been a member of the Labour Party.....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 25, 2021, 01: PM
And I ask again, how long has she been a member of the Labour Party.....?

Try Google often helps......

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/labour-candidate-batley-spen-election-20618570

QuoteAnother Labour source confirmed that Ms Leadbeater's announcement via her local paper had not come "out of the blue" but that in order to stand she had joined the party within the last month.

Inspector Knacker

Oh dear, are they trying for the sympathy vote.....?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 26, 2021, 11: AM
Oh dear, are they trying for the sympathy vote.....?

That's my take on it. Same as the 'look at me, I'm a doctor' angle in Hartlepool. Emotive campaigning?

Inspector Knacker

There was a shortlist originally of four, for prospective candidate. One said they had all now 'retreated'... sounds awfully like the Dynamic Doc being parachuted in here all over again. That turned out well didn't it.
I see their selection as a sign of pure unadulterated desperation, a panic move. It's so blatant it's embarrassing.

Inspector Knacker

And it was too close to call, but Labour limped over the line. It was a win, but in light of previous winning margins in a safe Labour seat it must be a bitter disappointment. Starmer will no doubt milk it for all it was worth, but all he's been thrown is a concrete life belt. The metaphorical knives will be slipped back in their sheaths grudgingly after being freshly sharpened in eager anticipation of another election crash landing.

eddy

I do feel the need to bleed on, obviously, but it's probably more the case that Mr Galloway split the Labour vote. The sort of people who voted for our George would probably not put a cross in the conservatives box. It's was pretty marginal last time too, half the majority of Hartlepool. The conservative vote share also went down overall and, potentially worryingly, several traditional blue voting boroughs turned out more for Labour

What the hell george was playing at remains to be seen, but it is something of the hard left to crave protest over trying to form a credible opposition (or god forbid) government. This is still the problem for Labour, the Torys becoming the party of spending and reaching out more to the northern working man is also the main reason they are suffering imo.

People are keen to skirt over how much the torys got their majority over turned in Amersham too.

Inspector Knacker

Tice split the vote in 2019 and the scarecrow stayed in office. But the Tice  voters didn't return to Labour in droves in May.
Galloway's followers may have voted Labour in the past but they didn't this time. This theory amongst Labour supporters that the electorate in 'their' seats are their property and will return like sheep dogs when whistled assumes a section of the electorate incapable of independent thought.
That said, much was made of the 'demographics' in Batley and rightly so, which makes it a tad different to our situation.

akarjl2

Quote from: eddy on July 02, 2021, 07: PM
What the hell george was playing at remains to be seen

Seriously? You are talking about a grown man who pretended to be a cat and drank milk from a bowl on national TV.

He craves attention.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on July 02, 2021, 07: PM

People are keen to skirt over how much the torys got their majority over turned in Amersham too.
Not really. The constituency is a high remainer area that was also non too happy with HS2 lowering their house prices..... a comfortable affluent middle class market town in the leafy London commuter belt, so obviously classed as prime Labour country by the Labour Party of today.
And they still lost to the Lib Dums.

eddy

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 02, 2021, 08: PM
Tice split the vote in 2019 and the scarecrow stayed in office. But the Tice  voters didn't return to Labour in droves in May.
Galloway's followers may have voted Labour in the past but they didn't this time. This theory amongst Labour supporters that the electorate in 'their' seats are their property and will return like sheep dogs when whistled assumes a section of the electorate incapable of independent thought.
That said, much was made of the 'demographics' in Batley and rightly so, which makes it a tad different to our situation.

I dont think labour assumed they were all their voters, or I dont see it like that.  I think the penny has dropped after our by election that even the most safest seats arent.  Reading various reports on line it seems George targeted the (normally) labour voting Asian community exploiting divisions in their policy to things like Kashmere, palastine etc.  His stated intent was to split the vote to cause instabilities in the labour party.  its another classic example of the hard left trying to ruin what little opposite currently exists.  I find this whole narrative bonkers, there are large numbers who detest the conservatives but would still rather destroy labour because they dont ideologically align with their bonkers world view.

If labour ever want to get out of this mess Mr Stammer is going to have to be the next Neil Kinnock, purge the extreme fractions from the party who would rather be a protest vote than actual government.  It does baffle me how the extreme ends of the party ever think they are going to convince floating voters who share both left and right wing views to plumb for their agenda,   

akarjl2

Quote from: eddy on July 06, 2021, 10: AM
Reading various reports on line it seems George targeted the (normally) labour voting Asian community exploiting divisions in their policy to things like Kashmere, palastine etc.

Shows how thick and shallow admin edit 'some' are if they took any notice of this clown- the man pretend to be a cat and drank milk from a bowl on national TV...they would have voted for anyone who claimed to be aware of divisive issues like Kashmeer etc.

Bit like your average pooley voter voting for a cardboard labour cutout cos me ma aways voted labour.

admin edit Have deleted some words which could attract (maybe unfairly) claims of 'racism' from those who would like the Post taken down

Daft George is an attention seeker he doesn't give a rats about anyone else. Cant believe we are even discussing the political equivalent of the village idiot here- thought that had stopped when Cranible slid back under his stone.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on July 06, 2021, 10: AM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 02, 2021, 08: PM

If labour ever want to get out of this mess Mr Stammer is going to have to be the next Neil Kinnock, purge the extreme fractions from the party who would rather be a protest vote than actual government.  It does baffle me how the extreme ends of the party ever think they are going to convince floating voters who share both left and right wing views to plumb for their agenda,   
The Party needs discipline. Trying to get the Labour Party to march in one direction is like Starmer standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle...or herding cats.
The party has too many diverse factions who join the Party because by themselves they'd be irrelevant, whereas within the Party they can propagate their wacky ideas to a bigger audience.