Batley and Spen by election.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 21, 2021, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

The ex Corrie barmaid quits Batley and Spen to offer her talents to the Leadership of West Yorkshire as Mayor. What those talents are, I have no idea.
This puts Staid Starmer into another tricky situation and about as welcome as a pair of tramps underpants being pushed through your letterbox.
To add to his woes, Diane Abacus-Abbot is touting Andy Burnham, he of the Thunderbird  puppet eyebrows (and just as wooden) as Leader of the Labour Party..... he with all the charisma of a plumbers convention on solder alternatives.
it would appear supporting your Leader in his hour of need is alive, but not very well in the Labour Party, loyalty being an alien concept to some.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 21, 2021, 11: AM
The ex Corrie barmaid quits Batley and Spen to offer her talents to the Leadership of West Yorkshire as Mayor. What those talents are, I have no idea.
This puts Staid Starmer into another tricky situation and about as welcome as a pair of tramps underpants being pushed through your letterbox.
To add to his woes, Diane Abacus-Abbot is touting Andy Burnham, he of the Thunderbird  puppet eyebrows (and just as wooden) as Leader of the Labour Party..... he with all the charisma of a plumbers convention on solder alternatives.
it would appear supporting your Leader in his hour of need is alive, but not very well in the Labour Party, loyalty being an alien concept to some.

London mayor, Sid Kahn(t) also touring Yorkshire, offering to spread some love from London (or something like that) around the country!

Would I be wrong in thinking that he fancies his chances as a potential leader of the Liebour party?

'They don't like it up em'

Inspector Knacker

According to reports, the Hartlepool result should have no bearing on the Batley and Spen outcome as they have different demographics. Make of that what you will.

Lucy Lass-Tick

m hearing that the late Jo Cox's sister is in the running for the Labour candidacy.

Inspector Knacker

Jo Cox's sister Kim Leadbeater has just joined the Labour Party. Make of that what you may.  ::)

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 21, 2021, 09: PM
Jo Cox's sister Kim Leadbeater has just joined the Labour Party. Make of that what you may.  ::)

Pragmatic ... or cynical?

Inspector Knacker

A nauseous cocktail of desperation and self interest served on a bed of clutching straws.
It would appear they've decided to grasp unashamedly at past events, as elections for Labour now seem to provoke a hopeless sense of despair for them.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 22, 2021, 06: AM
A nauseous cocktail of desperation and self interest served on a bed of clutching straws.
It would appear they've decided to grasp unashamedly at past events, as elections for Labour now seem to provoke a hopeless sense of despair for them.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be ...

Inspector Knacker

A lot like the Labour Party.

eddy

There was a big fall in majority (-12%) although the Conservatives also lost (-2.8%).  12% was gained by a local indy candidate and 3% to the Brexit party, read into that what you will.

I am not read up on how toxic the local labour party is compared to here.  And lets me honest, it took Hartlepool years of Beltch face plus a touchy feely MP (and a pretty disastrous campaign) to oust labour.  I wouldnt project your hopes and dreams for labour here as well   

All bets are off though, Boris can literally do no wrong (presently) it seems   

Inspector Knacker

I expect Labour to hold the seat, after all, the demographics are different to Hartlepool, read into that what you may.
The local Labour Party could not possibly be as toxic as ours or the members so supine as to allow the dumpling dictator waddle around unchallenged. They may well have a competent Party, on the other hand the tide of change may just wash over them.
If we're gonna be honest, yes it did take years to oust Punch and Judy, but the membership could have done it a lot sooner ...... but stood by like mute bystanders for years. Yes you're candidate was a firework display in a gas works, but these are all self inflicted wounds. Nationally, Labour has drifted away from people like me, more comfy with the 'enlightened' middle classes and graduates, their type of people, ironically a new elitist class is emerging and they lead the vanguard.
Trouble is, there's not enough of them to make an impact. Once the anaesthetised 'Me Dad voted Labour' ones wake up, Labour's washed up.

eddy

I am genuinely not sure, a lack of strategic direction in the party nationally plus what happened here makes it too close to call.  I dont think Batley is the liberal metropolitan elite either. 

akarjl2

The labour candidate has a skeleton in the the cupboard

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/jo-cox-husband-brendan-sister-supports-sexual-harassment-allegations-a8216271.html

I can not believe she did not know about allegations against Brendan Cox- she did not speak up but chose to support him when it came out.

QuoteMr Cox has denied assaulting a woman in her thirties at Harvard University in 2015 but admitted to "inappropriate" behaviour while working for Save the Children.

I am sure the spin doctors are latching on to this as we speak. If not they should be.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

eddy

Absolutely, they need to discredit and rubbish the ladies personal life asap.  Can you forward to the Express and Mail asap so they can get their splurge sorted 

Inspector Knacker

How long has she been a member of the Labour Party....?