I am putting four footpaths in and don’t care who opposed them...

Started by mk1, February 01, 2019, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Remember how Labour were trying to make a big issue about this and attacking Shane (and others) for daring to stand up to drunken  Father Jack?

https://www.facebook.com/CllrMikeMcLaughlin/posts/554650311577213

Scenting blood simple Anth chipped in with a simple question:

https://www.facebook.com/CllrMikeMcLaughlin/posts/554650311577213?comment_id=554658084909769&reply_comment_id=554671621575082&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%2323%22%7D

Mike and other Labour members are out and door knocking in the ward every weekend Shane. I've never received any literature from you or seen you out and about.

Any work would of course be sympathetic to the listed status of the memorial as this is ensured by law - who are you kidding?

Can you answer a simple question please?

Do you oppose alteration of the war memorial in any form or would you support disabled access and paving being installed so long as the changes were fitting and appropriate (as they'd have to be).

Latest here:

https://www.facebook.com/CllrSRMoore/photos/a.247305298965698/759602397735983/?type=3&theater

Inspector Knacker

Who down the years has asked for disabled access to the memorial ?
Have disabled groups asked for this?
Is this a politicians initiative ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I haven't noticed any activity by the 'Tooting Tornado' on this matter recently, come to that, I haven't noticed any activity by his alter ego 'Doc Pothole' on the towns pothole situation, could it be he is busy sorting out the area where he resides.

Good to see Anth (I'm an elected labour official) Frains comment, it reminded me of his assertions that the Tooting Tornado aka Doc Pothole was working at NT& Hartlepool NHS Trust.... as did Cllr Alan (Hic) Barclay.

The Redheugh Memorial Garden footpath saga was / is a classic example of the LabMob distorting the know facts to suit there own ends, Shane Moore has been extremely fair in his comments regarding other councillors involvement in a number of initiative in Headland and Harbour.....Sad to say that attitude is rarely forthcoming from other quarters.

Truthache

I noticed recently that HBC in there wisdom seem to have overlooked accessibility down at the marina.  When they fenced off the rough ground on Marina Way (left side as you walk down from Asda) they haven't left any gaps to allow a wheelchair, or pushchairs etc.  The result is when you walk up from the Old West Quay along the promenade path you reach the top and have to climb over the fence to get out.  Difficult with a wheelchair, pushchair or walking stick/crutches!
Anybody with mobility problems is faced with retracing their steps back to the Old West Quay to find a way out.  A few signs indicating it isn't an accessible route would at least inform people before they reach a dead end.  Just saying

fred c

To be impartial about this, I'm not certain the blame can be layed at HBC's door....I thought the land was still a Jomast or Mandale asset ......although I could be wrong.

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on February 02, 2019, 11: AM
To be impartial about this, I'm not certain the blame can be layed at HBC's door....I thought the land was still a Jomast or Mandale asset ......although I could be wrong.
My understanding is that Jomast fenced the area off following a complaint from HBC that the path was being damaged by vehicles accessing the land

Truthache

My apologies to HBC if Jomast have done this.  Whoever is responsible hasn't given much consideration to disabled access.  Hopefully someone can look at improving the current situation as it is a popular area