Mill House Development

Started by popgoestheweasal., June 01, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I don't think the labour lot are as negative as that e-mail from Akers-Belcher made out. I think he went out on a limb a bit and would have been wiser to consult other members of the flock a bit more. There is a faction of the labour group which seems to oppose the sale of public land as a matter of dogma; unfortunately, they are the ones running the show at the moment.

I think the problem with the Gus Robinson guy was that he struggled to answer many questions and so created the impression things hadn't been thought through too well.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Poor Drummond didn't come out of it too well. A case of damned if he turned up; damned if he didn't. As it happens - he didn't, probably to stop him being accused of being too close to the issue. Even so, he still got slated for going public with his thoughts in The Mail.

It's a sign of things to come, I reckon. Akers-Belcher has his sights on that Leader of the Council role and the executive power and allowance that comes with it so it's going to be a case of all guns aimed at Drummond for some time to come.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

no6bus

sorry can you just help me on that point, at what moment shall we know the attack has started as it has seemed that they have had it in for him since leo never got the job

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on June 20, 2012, 04: PM
sorry can you just help me on that point, at what moment shall we know the attack has started as it has seemed that they have had it in for him since leo never got the job

O will spell it out for you.
Labour tried to get their own man in and lost. They did not like it and didn't give Dumbo much support at the start.
Then they found out he was a hollow shell who could be manipulated by massaging his ego.
Once they realised they were pulling the strings the Labour Group stopped attacking the Mayor.

Then the Chimp got to believe he had real power and started making an ar*se of himself by flouting the known Labour line.
End of love affair and the Mayor's support was withdrawn.
He is now nothing but a figurehead with no friends and no political Allies.
The man is barely litterate and inarticulate to boot.
He reflects the  group that elected him..............

Donkey Kong

Quote from: mk1 on June 20, 2012, 05: PM

That's quite funny, and they say that it takes one to know one.

Or am I mistaken and you've actually got a degree, several post-grad qualifications and a job that pays you a lot more than the national average but you just hide it well?

The Great Dictator

If he has it's more than the Chimp has..

steveL

I think you're right, No6, Labour have always had it in for him but there was a sort of truce as long as he towed the line and flooded the Cabinet with labourites. All that changed when Mad Marge got the upper hand over the Simmons/Brash/Hargreaves crowd and now Mad Marge just hates having to share power with an elected Mayor - she wants it all - even if it's by proxy through the ABs.

It terms of Mill House, the fact that Drummond supports the idea has made him a liability to those who want to see it go ahead. It's a crazy way to run a council, I know, but here we are.

no6bus

Quote from: no6bus on June 20, 2012, 04: PM

O will spell it out for you.
Labour tried to get their own man in and lost. They did not like it and didn't give Dumbo much support at the start.
Then they found out he was a hollow shell who could be manipulated by massaging his ego.
Once they realised they were pulling the strings the Labour Group stopped attacking the Mayor.

Then the Chimp got to believe he had real power and started making an ar*se of himself by flouting the known Labour line.
End of love affair and the Mayor's support was withdrawn.
He is now nothing but a figurehead with no friends and no political Allies.
He reflects the  group that elected him..............
8)

so the electorate of hartlepool are barely literate and inarticulate as it was the majority of voters who elected him unless they have changed the rules of voting ;)

not4me

don't tell me you've only just noticed.... ;D

mk1

Quote from: Donkey Kong on June 20, 2012, 05: PM

That's quite funny, and they say that it takes one to know one.

Then you  must be his best friend..........

Quote from: Donkey Kong on June 20, 2012, 05: PM
Or am I mistaken and you've actually got a degree, several post-grad qualifications and a job that pays you a lot more than the national average but you just hide it well?

I am  at a loss to understand the connection between having a well paid job and intelligence.
I believe you are one of those shallow people who equate 'worth' with 'money'.
Probably one of those bores who  constantly talk about the 'new car' and how much your house went up in the last year...........opps sorry, I forgot the bubble has burst on that one!

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on June 20, 2012, 06: PM
so the electorate of hartlepool are barely literate and inarticulate as it was the majority of voters who elected him unless they have changed the rules of voting.

Hitler was elected...........

no6bus

and would have been cheaper ::)

fred c

I tend to agree with steveL on this one, drummond has brought it all on him self by sucking up to Labour, the wheels fell of that particular locomotive when Margie Darling got the shout, aided & abetted by her surrogate puppies SAB n CAB.
He is now isolated & emasculated in any real political sense, he will bumble through to the end of his term & effectively take the money & run.
The way drummond has let himself be manipulated is the point the people of Hartlepool should be concerned with, whether or not a referendum takes place on the position of an elected Mayor or not, we should be extremely concerned about who takes "Power" in the near future.

popgoestheweasal.

Surely the ground is worth nothing if it was put up for sale tomorrow who would buy it no one as there is nothing that can be done with it in this tighten your belt times.
so why not let IOR have to develop and if that makes the millhouse project happen great.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

They can't want it that much if they won't pay for it.

Why not put it up for sale then and see if anybody else will give Hartlepool a better offer for the land.

(There is loads of space at Wynyard that could be used to build a new ground next to Hartlepool Hospital.)
I don't believe it.