Mill House Development

Started by popgoestheweasal., June 01, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no6bus

yes lets put it up for sale with the current tenants included as sitting tenants and the area still covered by the current covenants, i am 100% behind this idea. with say a 90 day period for interested parties to make their offers.
then after the 90 days and people realise nobody but the current tenants are interested in owning the ground then our council might just get a sense of reality.

Ryehill

Stuart Drummond, I refuse to call him Dumbo or the Chimp, has done something that no one else has managed, he beat the Labour Party's mayoral candidates not once but three times. For that alone he deserves some respect.
          On the subject of the Mill House project we have got to get this right, so lets have consultations until all view points have been explored then make a decision with clearly explained reasons for that decision. I.O.R. are an important part of this project so lets hear what their proposals are. In the meantime they could show  good will by doing some tidying up of the approaches to the Mill House side of the ground .

Donkey Kong

Quote from: mk1 on June 20, 2012, 07: PM
Quote from: Donkey Kong on June 20, 2012, 05: PM
Or am I mistaken and you've actually got a degree, several post-grad qualifications and a job that pays you a lot more than the national average but you just hide it well?

I am  at a loss to understand the connection between having a well paid job and intelligence.
I believe you are one of those shallow people who equate 'worth' with 'money'.
Probably one of those bores who  constantly talk about the 'new car' and how much your house went up in the last year...........opps sorry, I forgot the bubble has burst on that one!

Ah so you conveniently miss the education part of my point and prefer to speculate on things that I didn't actually say.

I suppose that answers it for me anyway. 

Now who should we be calling "Dumbo"?

GXDN

all of this hoo-haa means nothing to me.
I'm not a football fan particularly beyond watching the odd match on TV but I'm happy that others get some pleasure from watching their local team. I do, howver, pay my council tax albeit through gritted teeth as do 99% of other working residents most of whom, like me, don't watch the local team. I know that the council is in a mess financially and from reading The Mail (and this site) I can see that its going to be running in the red for years to come and will have to cancel services as a result.
What I don't understand is why, especially under these circumstances, any organisation thinks it sensible for the council to give away an asset that has been valued at £620,000 completely free.
I can just about get my head around a scheme that involved IOR financing the Mill House scheme in partnership with Cameron's and the College and in return for doing so the council donated the land - that would be like the council making its own contribution to the scheme. In return, we all get a welcome redevelopment and hopefully geyt rid of the eyesore that is the Odeon. But that's not what is happening is it?
What's happening is that IOR want the land to be handed over completely free as a first step without any guarantees that the scheme will ever go ahead and no clear indication of who would pay for it anyway.
I think IOR and the Pools fans need to be realistic. No one in their right minds would go along with this.
For anybody to give away something for free they need to be given a solid reason to do so and I would think this applies to every Pools fan too.  So far no one has come up with that solid reason - only a list of possibilities and maybes.

popgoestheweasal.

Never got to the meeting last night but there is a big report in the mail about the project today.
My mother lives in Belk street and that is why i went to the meetings to start with and speaking to her neighbours today they cannot wait for the project to begin and if that means HUFC getting the ground for nothing so be it.
My mother's concern is that this fantastic project will get lost in i'll do whats best for the labour party rather than the town and the voters.

not4me

£90m? - what a load of bollocks

no6bus

Quote from: GXDN on June 21, 2012, 10: AM
I'm not a football fan particularly beyond watching the odd match on TV but I'm happy that others get some pleasure from watching their local team. I do, howver, pay my council tax albeit through gritted teeth as do 99% of other working residents most of whom, like me, don't watch the local team. I know that the council is in a mess financially and from reading The Mail (and this site) I can see that its going to be running in the red for years to come and will have to cancel services as a result.
What I don't understand is why, especially under these circumstances, any organisation thinks it sensible for the council to give away an asset that has been valued at £620,000 completely free.
I can just about get my head around a scheme that involved IOR financing the Mill House scheme in partnership with Cameron's and the College and in return for doing so the council donated the land - that would be like the council making its own contribution to the scheme. In return, we all get a welcome redevelopment and hopefully geyt rid of the eyesore that is the Odeon. But that's not what is happening is it?
What's happening is that IOR want the land to be handed over completely free as a first step without any guarantees that the scheme will ever go ahead and no clear indication of who would pay for it anyway.
I think IOR and the Pools fans need to be realistic. No one in their right minds would go along with this.
For anybody to give away something for free they need to be given a solid reason to do so and I would think this applies to every Pools fan too.  So far no one has come up with that solid reason - only a list of possibilities and maybes.

and yet no complaints about the councillors giving themselves a pay rise out of your council tax.
where does it say the land must be handed over first, isnt it the case that if the scheme goes ahead pools get the land as PART OF THE SCHEME not just handed over, dont forget this council previously turned down IOR's offer of £300,000 to buy the land, and as we all know the bottom has since dropped out of the property market.

The Great Dictator

£90m......another Tall Ships figure !

steveL

Councillors haven't been awarded a pay rise as yet, they are waiting for the report of the remuneration panel. I'm sure that there will be plenty of people complaining if it ends up that way.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

popgoestheweasal.

Quote from: no6bus on June 21, 2012, 05: PM
Quote from: GXDN on June 21, 2012, 10: AM

and yet no complaints about the councillors giving themselves a pay rise out of your council tax.
where does it say the land must be handed over first, isnt it the case that if the scheme goes ahead pools get the land as PART OF THE SCHEME not just handed over, dont forget this council previously turned down IOR's offer of £300,000 to buy the land, and as we all know the bottom has since dropped out of the property market.
never knew that the council had rejected 300k in the past now it all becomes clear. it would make the coucillors look pretty stupid to give it away for nothing now.
so it could be a face saving excercise not whats best for hartlepool.

The Great Dictator

Councillors will get 15-20% pay rise.

no6bus

The Great Dictator

Theyll all have to work a bit harder now.

no6bus

they all have to do the job they applied for but decided to rob us of more council tax whilst cutting services and freezing pay,  ::)

popgoestheweasal.

Has anyone on HTH board been or want to be a councillor no matter what they do they will get pelters.