What a Tricky Language English is . .

Started by testing times, June 13, 2012, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

Taken from today's Mail.
"A HARTLEPOOL pet store worker opened up her home to a camera crew when her pet cat starred in a national TV advert.
Whisper, owned by Liz Parnell, who works at Pets at Home on the town's Highpoint Retail Park, appears in the ad for the store. Liz, 25, who works as a flea and worm advisor at the store, said: "Filming the ad was a fantastic experience and I was thrilled Whisper was chosen to take part.
"Seeing my pet on national television is really special. I'm very proud to see her in this starring role." Other Pets at Home workers and their animals descended on Liz's Newton Aycliffe home for the filming of the advert.
She added: "It was carnage for a day. I had a parrot, bearded dragon and some hamsters in my house. "It is to show that we have pets at home as well."
Liz has looked after Whisper after the cat and her sister were abandoned at the Cramlington store at 12 weeks old.
"Carnage" seems an unfortunate word to use in the context of a Pet Store and I do hope Liz's sister has turned out OK after being abandoned at such an early age.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Also note that she is a flea and worm advisor...hmmm...would have thought that they had a pretty short attention span... ???

dangerman