Police and Offenders

Started by not4me, June 11, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notenoughsaid

Testicles is correct to a certain degree.  Initially complaints  of a lesser nature are dealt with locally, however more serious matters are certainly passed to the IPCC who can appoint an independent member of their staff  to oversee any enquiries and actually advise/demand certain lines of enquiries are made or even do them themselves.   Matters involving the possible commission of a criminal offence are looked at in conjunction with the Crown Prosecution Service who will decide the outcome on a "public interest" or "reasonable chance of gaining a conviction  against the individual(s) concerned" basis.    Some matters have to be reported as a matter of course at source.EG Deaths in custody or  deaths after police contact   I am sure  you will have read   reports in the press following a car chase and crash the footnote explaining the involvement of the IPCC.   

In the past I have had personal involvement with the old Police Complaints Authority, the forerunner of the IPCC and found them very independent. So much infact that cases can be looked at by one member of staff who gives a judgement and then moves on, followed by another member giving an opposite opinion based on the same facts .?????   showing they are not infallible.

popgoestheweasal.

When i was a lad a good old clip around the ear was enough.  :)

steveL

Yes but it's 2012 and Policemen don't appreciate being continuously 'clipped around the ear' by any passing yobbo.  ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Julie noted

See in the Mail the very sad news regarding the elderly lady outside Aldi?

It appears someone fired a pellet gun at her, hitting her just below her eye.  :o
Criminal...absolutely bloody criminal.  >:(

However, what did the acting police sergeant call it?

"Unacceptable behaviour".

WHAT?  :o
Unacceptable behaviour is yobs throwing eggs at your windows,
or dropping the polystyrene carton from their Parmo.

Shooting someone with an airgun is a criminal act and by talking it down like that, the 'acting sergeant' is encouraging the yobs to view it the same way.  :(
Methinks back to police training school for you my son.

notenoughsaid

To Julie Noted.....I could not agree more. Perhaps that is why he is  only"Acting Sgt" and not the real McCoy .However I fell the real blame for ill advised comments may lay with the Mail. They no longer seem to send reporters out into the community and do their job properly and associate with the public( perhaps over a pint in the local or whatever ) .The mobile phone seems to dominate their career...How I wish we could bring back the likes of Maggie O'Rourke a well respected reporter who was always willing to speak to people face to face.    RIP.

The Great Dictator

Lots of reporters would do that but they'll never get the chance because people no longer buy newspapers.

If he had took her eye out the police would be swarming the area but as it was only a scratch it don't matter.

Maybe when he does blind someone they'll take it seriously, it's what's known as closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

brassed off monkey

The indiference shown by this particular police officer is yet another example of the decline in the standards in all walks of life in modern Britain & it filters down from very the top of society, to the very bottom.

I would suggest that if this particular "No Good" toe rag was caught a single stroke of the Birch would ensure he didn`t transgress in the future.

Before i get reported to the thought police, think about this...... we have tried everything else in this Nanny State of ours, & it`s patently obvious it isn`t working.

not4me

It's being reported today that a report by the Probation Inspector has found that over 50% of criminals fitted with electronic tags break their curfews and are not pulled up about it. In fact, the whole system seems to be a joke with one case highlighted of a tag being fitted to an artificial leg. !!***!
If you turn the law into a joke then it's hardly surprising the criminals laugh at it.

steveL

At a guess, I would say nobody KD.
There are particular problems at Cleveland Police which are peculiar to Cleveland Police and personally, I would like to see it wound up and merged with Durham Constabulary.
After Lancet, the £7 million black hole and now the £1.6m (so far) cost of Sacriston, how much more is the the public supposed to take with all the ongoing investigations into top figures at the Police and Police authority.
It's already spent £1.4m on 'preparation work' to build a new HQ and is now asking for more because of 'unexpected delays'.
The organisation is rotten at the top and far too political and too close to local politicians.
The way that the wagon train of the Police Authority circled when McLuckie was first put under investigation says it all. The Authority unanimously voted to support a motion of full confidence in McLuckie within hours of the story going public when they couldn't possibly have any idea what he was being accused of - in other words, support was automatic by default.
The organisation is a throw back to the rise of Cleveland County and should now go the same way.

Not fit for purpose - and then some.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2012/06/13/1-3m-warning-over-new-cleveland-police-base-84229-31173466/
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

If it was in a bad way earlier think how much worse it has got since the monkey took over.
A politician elected for a 'joke' in Harlepool is an even bigger joke in his present position. The man can barely walk and speak at the same time..............

Julie noted

Spot on, steveL.
You know what I think? NONE of the people on these 'quango committees' should be in the political sphere.  ???

The police authority committee should consist purely of people from across Cleveland and NONE from ANY political party.
That goes for the Fire authority and NHS Trust too.  8)

Putting these people in bed together is asking for nefarious dealings...and, it is alleged, we have them!

We need a complete clear out of all 'politicians'.

Julie noted

I'm just sat here, thinking about my last statement;
'We need a complete clear out of all 'politicians'.

When you think about it, we used to have (still have?) a very low opinion of solicitors, white van man, used car salesmen etc.  :(

Without a doubt, 'local politicians' have joined that list of dubious characters.  :-X

Yeah, I know there are a FEW decent ones but I find those pushing to obtain seats on this committee, that board, the other authority are the ones we need to keep a close eye on.
As I said last post, keep politicians out of the 'authorities', they simply can't be trusted any longer.

marky

I would have thought that being associated in any way with the present Police Authority would be sufficient to deter anyone from voting for such a person. Even so, the labour lot have thrown their towel in with a Boro Councillor who sits on the Authority.
It's amazing what pure spite can do - even when it's against one of your own.

steveL

I would certainly agree with that. I doubt if anyone would be prepared to buy a second hand car off any of them. That ridiculous confidence vote said a lot about how the back-scratching system works.