another nail in the coffin

Started by not4me, June 08, 2012, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

and so it continues. It will be interesting to see how the health and scrutiny committee reacts to this. I seem to remember some motion being passed against any further removal of services from the hospital
http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk

dangerman

I read this article and the comments made by cllr Keith Fisher against any further reduction of services now cllr Belcher has put his four penny worth in singing from the same hymn book, good news maybe now we will have 'some' chance of retaining or maybe keeping the hospital.

Throughout all this saga I would ask.

Why has no comment been made by Member of Parliment for Hartlepool?

Julie noted

Dangerman asks 'Why no comment from little Iain'?
(Little? Life in the Westminster village is obviously very good; Did you see those photos of him in the Mail? He must have ballooned 3 stone in as many years).
Not a good advert for Morrells pies and pasties.

He knows he has to keep his head down over the hospital issue.
After all, Bliar, Reid and Wright ALL stated categorically that Hartlepool hospital will not close.
If he now goes to the 'keep the hospital open' side he will be called two-faced and a failure.
And, of course, he CAN'T go to the 'Let's give you a new hospital at Wynyard' side because he knows over 30,000 people in Hartlepool want OUR hospital to be in Holdforth Road. You know them, the people that voted for him.  ::)

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.  :-[

Know what he should have done? Resigned over the stab in the back we got from the labour govt. and put himself up for re-election.
But of course, those Machiavellian leaders of the labour party would have blocked his selection anyway.
Aren't politicians a wonderful breed of people?

stokoe

julie noted got shighty wrighty in one there,nice one.

disgraceful now that one of the belchers has commented,especially after the
horse has bolted.

dangerman

Thank's for that information does this now mean there would be a likelyhood for Cllr Stephen Belcher to be the next MP selection for Labour.?

Your comment on the current MP.

I understand he may well be in the next Thomas the Tank Engine film as the Fat controller rather appropriate don't you think?

testing times

This is the guy who sat on the panel which recommended the closure of the A&E and voted against sending the letter to the hospital trust informing them of the no confidence vote - the only councillor to do so.
He's done more than anyone on the council to help build up the momentum to close the hospital to the point when it's now probably unstoppable.

dangerman

I still think he has idea's of grandure now he's got to be council chairman perhaps he wanted as a boy to be prime minister also.

We'll see just what happens when Mr Wright is up for re-election.

On a side note a very expensive Labour Card dropped on my mat with the three Labour Councillors promising to do all things in the ward, whether I voted for them or not.

Rather trite I thought, it's in the bin.

Vincent

Silly thing to do Dangerman, there is some useful ifo on the card not least how to contact your ward councillor. Suggest you get it out the bit and make em work for every last cent....

Vincent

Quote from: not4me on June 08, 2012, 10: PM
and so it continues. It will be interesting to see how the health and scrutiny committee reacts to this. I seem to remember some motion being passed against any further removal of services from the hospital
http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk

I am interested to see how PHF reacts..come on then lets hear you put Hartlepool First then...

dangerman

Thank you. I tried phoning all three..NOT ONE answered SO IN THE BIN IT WENT.

Vote Labour well that's to be expected of everyone in this town what you get in return NOTHING.

Incidently; I didn't vote Labour.

not4me

I would say that now that the hospital has been undermined to the point when closure is inevitable it's now safe for A-B to say he was against it all along. I've always thought his positioning was all about following the example of Russel Hart as Chair of the Hospital Trust and his mate Wallace as Chair of the PCT in securing himself as the next Chair of the Hospital Trust and the £50,000 salary that goes with it.
Let's not forget Foster's announcement on radio that, whether or not Wynyard goes ahead, Hartlepool Hospital will close. I don't really understand why people still think it hasn't been already decided.

steveL

I suppose politicians could be said to have always lied but something has changed recently, and especially locally, were the need to be subtle has all but vanished. Now its apperars to be OK to be totally blatant and cyncical about it and say anything you like even if you said something completely different the day before.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

suvin

There was a good article in The Times on Saturday, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, regarding the present crisis in Spain.
An extract from it reads:
"In some societies the best rise to the top. In Spain the contrary is too often the case. A significant part of this society lives and feeds on the rest. They are arrogant, proud, feel entitled and fear no accountability. They come from all political sides and wrap themselves in symbols, flags and grandiose rhetoric, but follow no other masters than greed, self-interest and moral narcissism."

Sound familiar?

suvin