Joan Machers

Started by for fawkes sake, June 07, 2012, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

Looks like Ms Machers didn't taake to well to the job sharing arrangement with Darlington as she's off the North East Ambulance. A good time to reduce the HR overhead, I think, given that many people within the Kremlin already regard the department as one of of its most inefficient.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

marky

HR is one of the functions, whether you're in the private or public sector, which seems to grow like topsy without any measurable benefit. Sometimes it seems that every additional responsibility automatically leads to additional staff within these little empires. The world changes and people adapt accordingly; in HR they don't adapt - they recruit.

Straight Talking

Quote from: for fawkes sake on June 07, 2012, 12: PM
Looks like Ms Machers didn't taake to well to the job sharing arrangement with Darlington as she's off the North East Ambulance. A good time to reduce the HR overhead, I think, given that many people within the Kremlin already regard the department as one of of its most inefficient.

It is Joanne Machers - not Joan

It has taken sometime for this to filter through, she put her notice in, in February and will be gone by the end of June.
Danger is that the Mayor seems hell bent on buying the service in from Darlington.
If we are to manage a reduction in costs we need to manage it from the position of employer, not as a contractual buying in from somewhere else.
Contracting will probably show surface savings, but will not give the opportunity to dig out the weeds and replace with healthy plants.

The decision is on the Cabinet papers for Monday 11th.

mk1

Quote from: Straight Talking on June 07, 2012, 02: PM
Danger is that the Mayor seems hell bent on buying the service in from Darlington.

There you are then. Advance notice of the official position of the Labour Party.

Dumbo better take heed, this warning comes straight from the top!

marky

Actually, I don't agree. I think HR is one of the more obvious areas that could be shared or contracted out. Why the need to re-invent the wheel at every local authority?

marky

By my reckoning, 7% of the electorate voted Labour and a larger percentage voted for Drummond.

dangerman

S.T. Has a remarkable amount of information and inside knowledge about officers and staff within H.B.C. does this mean he/she is actually is a councillor? If it was common knowledge then why has it not been posted?

I would not have known her Christian name was not Joan. There's a rabbit off here, me thinks.

stokoe

Quote from: dangerman on June 07, 2012, 04: PM
S.T. Has a remarkable amount of information and inside knowledge about officers and staff within H.B.C. does this mean he/she is actually is a councillor? If it was common knowledge then why has it not been posted?

I would not have known her Christian name was not Joan. There's a rabbit off here, me thinks.

dangerman we have been saying for a while that s.t is one of the scabs,he says he isnt but i agree he is a kremlin agent
but WHO?

marky

I'd say that between James, Wilcox and the the two A-B's, only Christopher can spell and, although there are another 17 Labour Councillors, none of them are currently allowed to speak without first running it passed Mad Marge and her b**ches.
There's also the name - Straight Talking - a little ironic play on words, I would say. In fact, if you replace every phonetic 's' with a 'th' you can almost hear the voice.  ;D
Draw your own conclusions.

dangerman

Very interesting this same person S.T. asked if I was a councillor or if I had connections within H.B.C.. I'm not and have not.

I do have an idea as just who S.T. is though. But I don't think it is one of the Burpers sorry Belchers.. Time will see if I'm correct.

mk1

Some of ST's post make sense and are spelt correctly. Others contain many simple errors and have a very juvenile feel.
I would say the ID is being used by more than one person.
Maybe they all take turns using it?

mk1

Quote from: marky on June 07, 2012, 04: PM
I'd say that between James, Wilcox and the the two A-B's, only Christopher can spell

Remember the spelling in the  flyer used to try and unseat GL?

dangerman

It may be that they share a Pictionary then they can see what thet are writing about.