How do they do it.

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 06, 2012, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I've often wondered in the case of Hartlepool, just how Labour do it ... then a thought crossed my mind. I was watching people on TV being asked about the Jubilee celebrations in the town and was struck by how people although pleased at the celebrations in the present financial climate, were accepting of the fact that Hartlepool was an unemployment blackspot, always was and apparently always would be. Expectations were low and looking back, have been so for many years, which is refelected in the rather defeatist attitude you find amongst people in the town, a sort of resignation with stagnation.
If expectation is low, changing one's vote to another party is to all intents and purposes irrelevant, so we have a percentage of the electorate who subconciously see no point in voting, but do vote, by reflex.

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

popgoestheweasal.

I,ve never voted for years because i just don't believe anyone in any kind of power is there to help others they are there for themselves.

steveL

I can appreciate your frustration but that vote of yours didn't come cheaply and so my own view is that you should always vote - even if it's for the best of a bad bunch.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

popgoestheweasal.

Julie noted

I can understand popgoestheweasal's point of view.
Politics is a very dirty game; From the bottom right up to the top.
Is it any wonder people don't bother to vote?

The problem with that is, you are left with the same people simply looking after their own interests.
Not voting simply gives them carte blanche to carry on regardless.

That is why this household decided to go for Putting Hartlepool First.
The majority of their candidates were newcomers to the game of politics and not tainted by avarice.

Yes, I know...Allison, Lilleys blah blah blah. Yawn.  ::)
But they were just 3 out of 19? candidates.
So even if they didn't float your boat, there were another 16 to choose from.

It's been said before, this town will never amount to a crock of **** whilst it is run by the same regime that has run it for the last 50 odd years.

They can't keep blaming central govt. for our problems;
look at the hospital fiasco;
look at the Tall Ships obfuscation;
the bus terminus nobody uses;
the scrap yards in built up areas etc. etc. etc.
Those issues have nothing to do with central govt.
They are down to inept handling by the loons in the Kremlin.  :(

And it will never change unless, popgoestheweasal, you start to VOTE FOR CHANGE.

steveL

Interesting point when you think about it. Take it to the point when the public become so cynical about the whole process that they stop voting altogether and the incumbents get to rule forever..... a democratically endorsed dictatorship....neat!

I think Hitler was the last guy to achieve that.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

popgoestheweasal.

Hartlepool first never even considered them but i will now.

Vincent

Quote from: popgoestheweasal. on June 11, 2012, 08: PM
Hartlepool first never even considered them but i will now.

Lets see what they do over the next two years then consider them

testing times

With only 4 Councillors and after being denied any Chairs of committees by the Lab/Con Cartel their influence must surely be limited to trying to build up their support over the next two years.

Straight Talking

Quote from: testing times on June 12, 2012, 11: AM
With only 4 Councillors and after being denied any Chairs of committees by the Lab/Con Cartel their influence must surely be limited to trying to build up their support over the next two years.

It would also help, if they actually turned up at meetings. So far George Morris has had to substitute for Geoff Lilley, in order for meetings to be quorate.

Vincent

Quote from: Straight Talking on June 15, 2012, 05: AM
Quote from: testing times on June 12, 2012, 11: AM

It would also help, if they actually turned up at meetings. So far George Morris has had to substitute for Geoff Lilley, in order for meetings to be quorate.

No change there then

steveL

If meetings are inquorate then it suggests that more than one member was not present yet you only manage to mention GL. So who were the other members who were absent?

As I'm sure you know, GL has being having treatment to his spine recently before taking a well earned annual holiday in Scotland.

When will you be taking your annual holiday? (just so I can winge spitefully about your absence on here at the appropriate time)

While we're at it, let's talk about the people who failed to turn up at the English Martyrs debate having promised to do so and which led to others being asked to cover both sessions to make the numbers up.

brassed off monkey

S T will take his holidays when Marge says he/they can....

I have noticed a number of councilors who appear to have a second home in the civic, now they are either.

a) retired
b) unemployed
c) have jobs in the "Charity/Voluntary Sector"

How many of the Manor Mafia come into the latter sector is a pertinent point, the ruling labour group have the numbers to cover each others backsides in making up a quorate at various meetings, so for S T to resort to snide innuendo is an indication of his own circumstances.

Having said that... it will depend on which S T is delegated to respond to HTH comments this week.

Julie noted

I haven't been on here that long but from day one people have been passing on information about the 'Manor Mafia', 'jobs for family members' and misappropriation of council funding etc. etc.  8)
I've even passed comment, requesting further investigations.

But how long should we keep maligning those 'voluntary workers' when it is becoming apparent, through lack of involvement of the police, or other appropriate entity, that there is NOTHING FOR THEM TO ANSWER TO?  :-\

It can't be right that the same old 'info' is regurgitated on HTH ad infinitum, if there is not a grain of truth it the allegations.

If the allegations are false, or can't be proved in a court of law, what is the point of repeating them on here?   ???
Just a thought.

mk1

Quote from: Julie noted on June 15, 2012, 12: PM
But how long should we keep maligning those 'voluntary workers' when it is becoming apparent, through lack of involvement of the police, or other appropriate entity, that there is NOTHING FOR THEM TO ANSWER TO?

That is why they have explained  themselves and given complete answers to everything.
It is also why they had issued writs to defend their  reputation.

Anyone remember  the sustained attempt to destroy the HTH site?