Amazing co-incidence

Started by Julie noted, June 02, 2012, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straight Talking

Quote from: mk1 on June 03, 2012, 01: AM
Quote from: Straight Talking on June 03, 2012, 12: AM
MK1 - I think you are becoming fixated.
I have no interest in finding out, guessing or making up numbers to please you.

Typical politicians answer. Nothing of  substance and capable of later interpretation to suit whichever way you are facing that day.

Dodge, dodge dodge. In fact with you the only way to get a straight answer is to preface it with "would you like a donation for your favourite charidee?" or "is this enough for you to look the other way"

Perhaps you should ask your friends to help you out?
They seem to have no qualms about  guessing or making up numbers when fabricating  their 'accounts'.

For the very last time, I am not CAB/SAB so most of your barbed comments are way off the mark. As for charitable donations, nothing to do with me, so again wide of the mark.

Straight Talking

Quote from: christine blakey on June 03, 2012, 01: AM
What invoices.

Come on Christine, you talk about accountability, when what you mean is that everyone has to be accountable to you!!

The world just doesn't work that way.

You did work for the tall ships, your name appears on the invoice list.  Come clean and stop sniping

Julie noted

ST states; 
'I think you might find that most of the Labour Councillors, did not infact accept the statistics presented by the Mayor'.

Of course you accepted them, because not one of you took him (and the paid for audit company) to task over the misleading figures.

This wasn't some airy-fairy, pie in the sky amount of tax payers money that was lost.
The missing 100s of thousands of people correlate to the financial miscalculation.

If  'most of the labour councillors did not in fact accept the statistics'   presented to them by the mayor, why wasn't an enquiry initiated, to find the real figure?
Was it a compilation of accounting errors, or malfeasance?

Your duty to the taxpayers of this town was to ask the appropriate questions, at the time. You all failed to do so.

No6 bus;
People are still raising this subject because of the vast sums of our money wasted on an event that was popular but cost much, much more than similar events in Newcastle and elsewhere. Why was that?

If you think it OK to squander so much money in a 4 day period and thereafter produce statistics that most of the labour councillors didn't believe, thank goodness you don't work for the council!

The telling comment from ST proves we ought to still be demanding answers.

no6bus

i too am glad i dont work for the council, as for the labour party not believing the figures well no surprise there as it wasnt in line with their creative accounting department, given the amount of money this council squanders on a yearly basis at least with the tall ships the council tax payer got to see something for their money, most years all i see is council workers (and i use the term loosely)  sitting in vans at various parts of the town rather than working, if the number of council vans that need to visit the bus station toilets at seaton is anything to go by there arent any other facilities in the town,
i see on a regular basis council vans parked up around the town centre from 11.30 onwards reading the paper as it is too early to get back for lunch, take a trip along york road about 8am on a saturday morning and marvel at the amount of workers on enhanced rates of pay having a well deserved cuppa and morrells pie/sandwich. same along raby road at the sandwich shops near brougham terrace, this is an ongoing waste of money buts lets concentrate on something from 2 years ago.  ::)

no6bus

also the other thing thats annoying about the money the town wastes, why did councillors stand at the recent elections knowing the number of seats was to be reduced then decide" oh theres less of us now so we have to do more work we deserve a rise in allowances",
they knew the plans before standing it wasnt sneaked up on them the day after the election.
if they are so concerned about the towns finances vote against a rise its quite simple really.

christine blakey

Can you tell where this list can be found as I did not work for the Tall Ships.

stokoe

i see on a regular basis council vans parked up around the town centre from 11.30 onwards reading

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/fleet_list_40#incoming-282749

well they can read a few papers in this lot  ::)

click on download at the top.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I saw 4 of them with a jet wash ...one working ...one watching and 2 nodding off in the van.

I don't believe it.

christine blakey

With regards to alleged invoices that I am supposedly have had for Tall Ships, can someone enlighten me as to when, where, what, with, and the likes?

mk1

Quote from: christine blakey on June 03, 2012, 06: PM
With regards to alleged invoices that I am supposedly have had for Tall Ships, can someone enlighten me as to when, where, what, with, and the likes?

Christine I will remind you that the person who said this has no other interest than to cause discord and in-fighting. He delights in making bogus claims and then watching as his victim reacts to his provocation.
I urge you to just let it go and stop playing his game.
No one (other than him) gives a toss about it.
Please do not give him succour.

christine blakey

Thank you very much mk1. 

I appreciate the warning as I do not know who this person is, and the posting simply shows that we are in fact right, the Tall Ships was an area of gross overspend for the town. 

Did anyone go to the Jubilee Celebration over the past two days.  I think we had better weather than London, I only recall a little bit of drizzle?

dangerman

With regard to Council Workmen at the former North Shelter site three of hartlepool finest sat in the pickup truck having tea/coffee at 10.30am reading the morning papers 40 minutes later still there, what made me laugh was what was on the vehicle doors.

Hartlepool Borough Council RAPID RESPONSE VEHICLE..I think not

No wonder it took so long and by the way the grassed area is dead around the palm tree's, can they do anything right?

codheadless

I went to the jubilee celebration today, it was cold and the kids rides were very expensive, spoke to one of the many security gaurds in a hi viz coat he said it wasnt as busy as expected but according to his boss official attendance is in the millions.

The Great Dictator

Was there many at the late show ?

christine blakey

Said on news that 2000 visited over this past two days

Would be good to get other feedback on the event.