Amazing co-incidence

Started by Julie noted, June 02, 2012, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie noted

Watching the news tonight, they are saying up to a million people will be attending the Queens Jubilee pageant at the Thames.
People from around the UK and the world have arrived in London to witness the fantastic, once in a lifetime event.  :)
History in the making.

Well London, let me tell you this;
WE had 1 million people at our Tall Ships event.
Yes we did, the mayor said so.
You don't believe him?  :-\
Well, the company we paid to audit the event said so as well.
So it must be right.  ::)
Hartlepool was more popular than the Queens bash.
No, really...they have all the figures to prove it.  :-X
AND, all of the labour Cllrs confirm the stats.  :P

So there:
if YOU want a super, no expenses spared (for the organisers) event, come to Hartlepool; where the Parmo's are bigger, the pasties are tastier and the town's uber leaders will get right on down with you.
Far out.

christine blakey

A very interesting comparison!

no6bus

how is it a comparison, the queens pageant is a 1 day trip down the thames, the tall ships event was a full weekend, the straws some will clutch at to downplay the whole tall ships event is cringingly embarassing at times.
it was 2 years ago dont you think its time to move on

christine blakey

I look forward to moving on once accountability has been carried out

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on June 02, 2012, 11: PM
how is it a comparison, the queens pageant is a 1 day trip down the thames, the tall ships event was a full weekend, the straws some will clutch at to downplay the whole tall ships event is cringingly embarassing at times.
it was 2 years ago dont you think its time to move on

The mind boggles!
London has a population of some 8-13 million (depends on how you define 'London') and thus it is at least 80 times the size of Hartlepool.

It is claimed that the entire population of Hartlepool visited The Tall Stories twice over so London has a potential of 16 million for the pageant and yet they only expect the same number of 'vistors' as The Tall Stories.
The fact is the  idiotic  tourist claims made by the Monkey exactly matched the claims he made before the event (I have it on film in the TV interview he gave on day1) and they are total fiction.
The Hartlepool totals were  pure invention and anyone trying to claim otherwise is pis*sing in the wind.

Straight Talking

Quote from: Julie noted on June 02, 2012, 10: PM
Watching the news tonight, they are saying up to a million people will be attending the Queens Jubilee pageant at the Thames.
People from around the UK and the world have arrived in London to witness the fantastic, once in a lifetime event.  :)
History in the making.

Well London, let me tell you this;
WE had 1 million people at our Tall Ships event.
Yes we did, the mayor said so.
You don't believe him?  :-\
Well, the company we paid to audit the event said so as well.
So it must be right.  ::)
Hartlepool was more popular than the Queens bash.
No, really...they have all the figures to prove it.  :-X
AND, all of the labour Cllrs confirm the stats.  :P

So there:
if YOU want a super, no expenses spared (for the organisers) event, come to Hartlepool; where the Parmo's are bigger, the pasties are tastier and the town's uber leaders will get right on down with you.
Far out.

I think you might find that most of the Labour Councillors, did not infact accept the statistics presented by the Mayor.

Straight Talking

Quote from: christine blakey on June 03, 2012, 12: AM
I look forward to moving on once accountability has been carried out

What's the matter Christine, they paid your invoices, didn't they?

mk1

Quote from: Straight Talking on June 03, 2012, 12: AM

I think you might find that most of the Labour Councillors, did not infact accept the statistics presented by the Mayor.

How about a straight answer from you?

What numbers do you think best match reality?

Straight Talking

Hard to say really - I visited the event twice. Both times the place seemed packed, but I didn't go round counting people.

mk1

Hard to say really - I visited the event twice. Both times the place seemed packed, but I didn't go round counting people.

But I never asked if you counted did I?

I will try again.

How many people do you believe it was reasonably expected would visit.

Hint:
Look at the car parking numbers and the train/bus  carrying capacity.
No 6 gave us the bus passenger  numbers back then but I doubt if he will repeat them now and I believe the train numbers giving by Molly Doughnut (?)was 10,000 a day max.

Straight Talking

MK1 - I think you are becoming fixated.
I have no interest in finding out, guessing or making up numbers to please you.

mk1

MK1 - I think you are becoming fixated.
I have no interest in finding out, guessing or making up numbers to please you.

Typical politicians answer. Nothing of  substance and capable of later interpretation to suit whichever way you are facing that day.

Dodge, dodge dodge. In fact with you the only way to get a straight answer is to preface it with "would you like a donation for your favourite charidee?" or "is this enough for you to look the other way"

Perhaps you should ask your friends to help you out?
They seem to have no qualms about  guessing or making up numbers when fabricating  their 'accounts'.

christine blakey

no6bus

Quote from: mk1 on June 03, 2012, 12: AM

But I never asked if you counted did I?

I will try again.

How many people do you believe it was reasonably expected would visit.

Hint:
Look at the car parking numbers and the train/bus  carrying capacity.
No 6 gave us the bus passenger  numbers back then but I doubt if he will repeat them now and I believe the train numbers giving by Molly Doughnut (?)was 10,000 a day max.

i would repeat them if i could remember them, unfortunately that was on the previous incarnation of the forum and as my life is not about trying to run the town down i dont have them ready to use as soon as someone makes a point i dont agree with.
and could it be that they are only expecting 1 million to watch from the few vantage points as the costs associated with london and the traffic congestion will be horrendous, most people will prefer to stay at home and watch on tv ensuring they see all they want to see and not get ripped off in the process.

the mind does indeed boggle

dangerman

Everyone in Hartlepool visited the Tall Ships? Complete nonsense none of my family or my neighbours visited, although right here on the doorstep so to speak.

Car parking wasn't a problem streets all around Dyke House area devoid of cars much of a suprise to all who live here, we expected bumper to bumper it didn't happen.

The figures where manipulated to show it was successful 'it was' but not to the extent they claim buses near empty to and from the Marina.

Stuart Drummond said it would put the town on the map and bring in tourists long after the event, then why do I see vacancies on all the guest houses both here and Seaton Carew?

One big 'expensive' Con.