Master Plan to regenerate the town How could anyone vote against it..........

Started by mk1, May 22, 2012, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Funny, but I don't recall Christopher expressing his views on the ground sale pre-election, so obviously he made his unmade up mind up after the event ....obviously. I couldn't imagine for one minute he knew he was going to vote against the sale all along without telling us. I believe everything politicians tell me. ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Straight Talking

Quote from: no6bus on May 25, 2012, 09: PM
so can we expect the landlords to maintain the property instead of the tenants, after all the football club are paying rental on a football ground so surely it is the councils responsibility to keep the property fit for the purpose it is rented for

Whilst I appreciate that passions are starting to run high on the issue of Victoria Park, there is a difference between who owns what and how they manage it.

The ground upon which Victoria Park stands, is owned by HBC.
The football club owns the Stadium and the Team.

There is actually no reason for the Club to own the land at all, it just needs to ensure that it has an agreement in place that secures its operation for a reasonable period of time. The norm in these cases is a 50 to 100 years lease.

The comparison with Newcastle is in fact a fair one, Newcastle council own the land, Ashley owns the stadium and team.

Inspector Knacker

Do you own your house ...?
The comparison between Pools and Newcastle is absurd, is this going to be the Labour Party standard point of reference in the debate, because if it is I'd advise a rapid reassessment of your thought process on this particular point.
When you're in a hole....etc, etc, .. ::)

Straight Talking

I don't see what the issue is as to whether I own my house or not?

When people buy houses, they can own the house, but the land is leased, or they can own their house "freehold" which means they also own the land on which the house is built.

No different to any other business arrangement.

I think you should just calm down, wait and see what happens, you might get a shock or a surprise, depending on which side of the fence you choose to stand.

Straight Talking

Quote from: perseus on May 26, 2012, 07: AM
ST, i'll infer from that above that you know something that int yet public knowledge? Am i right?

No your not, I genuinely mean wait and see. Expending all this energy when you don't know what the outcome is, seems a bit pointless.
Lobby by all means, nothing wrong with that - the issue will be debated at a Council meeting, get yourself along there and see what happens.

for fawkes sake

The puppets will all follow their leader and, given that we now know his thoughts, it's game over. The best thing for Drummond to do now is to go public and say that he's 100% against the sale - that should ensure a change of heart from Labour.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 26, 2012, 07: AM
I don't see what the issue is as to whether I own my house or not?
........ of course you know why ::)
When people buy houses, they can own the house, but the land is leased, or they can own their house "freehold" which means they also own the land on which the house is built.
Yes, I know how the system works, so kindly stop the patronising.

I think you should just calm down, wait and see what happens, you might get a shock or a surprise, depending on which side of the fence you choose to stand.
Calm down... ? don't you mean don't make a fuss and draw attention to the subject .....? ....'wait and see what happens' .... that's for mugs...... but while we're on the subject, how would you know what to expect, after all, if you're to be believed, you keep telling us you know no more than anyone else. Odd that. 

mk1

Amusing to see 'chip on his shoulder' busy orchestrating a political campaign/lobbying  effort in order to advance the interests of the football club.
This  would be the same chip who spent most of his time here denying that the supporters had the inclination or wherewithall to get Dumbo elected.
All I can say if you had originaly chosen someone with half a brain to be your stooge  then you would not be in the merde when the councillors  decided to ditch the donkey!

The route to success lies in more mundane  options.
As has been said a 'donation' to the SCABs favourite charity (i.e. themselves) would do no harm. The usual way to channel these bungs contributions is to put them through as expenses. They have a dormant Gardening enterprise (used to get a part of the Mandelson's expenses fiddle) so how about giving them the ground care contract?
Sponsoring  a  BLGT 'Football against Racism' workshop at the Manor Mafia's base  might be a good move as well.

Mad Dog  can be bought with a lifetime supply of ping-pong balls.............

marky

The Great Dictator

no6bus

i think the suggestion to relocate the club to blackhall near the old seagull pub is a cracking idea, then the council can sell off the land to the other interested parties for the millions its apparently worth ::)

The Great Dictator

Lots of Chinese support Liverpool, its not unusual.
I would give them the land because it should stay in Hartlepool, remember what happened to Wimbledon football club ?

no6bus

yes because housing in the town centre lets say the chester area has been snapped up hasnt it, oh hang on they cant give them away can they, so housing  ;D ;D ;D ;D wheres the rolf smiley

no6bus

or we could appoint a labour councillor to the board problem solved, free ground and lots of grants for the work to be done. thats it we've cracked it. cheers

not4me

Does anyone know if these meetings detailed on the main page are open to the public?