Master Plan to regenerate the town How could anyone vote against it..........

Started by mk1, May 22, 2012, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no6bus

in regards to the ground i would imagine the work proposed to the rink end and the mill house side would be a seven figure amount and i am not counting the last 2 noughts.
obviously the student acomodation would not be down to ior or the odeon redevelopment i would imagine only the costs associated with the vic

cranky_old_sod

Quote from: mk1 on May 23, 2012, 09: PM

I did say Grand Central didn't I.

Yes you did, but unless your wide travelling experiences are only on Grand Central then you will understand that there is trouble on other companies trains. Why is the York to Middlesbrough last train always dry...It can't only be because of football fans.

Quote from: mk1 on May 23, 2012, 07: PM
I wasn't going to mention this but hey...........

I was on the Grand Central from York to Pool last Saturday alongside  some returning 'football' supporters on who kept reminding each other (loudly)than some of them were recently ejected from a train  for arguing with some people from Darlington. The bone of contention was not that they had been kicked off but that the Darlo-lovers had been allowed to stay on!

From that can I assume the so called fans from Darlington made themselves known to the Hartlepool fans first as you don't mention Darlington shirts, the Pools fans (if they were, a wearing of a shirt doesn't necessarily mean that), so the other "fans" must have started the argument. But as I have said arguments and bother on trains is because of drink not any particular sport or team.

Quote from: mk1 on May 23, 2012, 09: PMI still have the tickets if you want to continue down this road.
I  remember seeing 2 woman 'bouncers' on the trian as well.

Which proves what you were on that train....nothing more, now if you have a video on your phone

Quote from: mk1 on May 23, 2012, 09: PM
If you want further checkable details the 16:03 Cross Country Train from Brum to York ran 12 minutes late to Leeds and only made the time up on the Leeds-York section. If it had not then we (there were several  people getting the Grand central) would have missed the Grand Central connection at 18:43

I travel extensively as well and if that train was running on time you had about 5 minutes( could check  exact amount of time if could be bothered)You plan well when doing your extensive travelling giving yourself about 5 minutes for a connection , so were pushing it anywhere if there was any sort of delay. But lets not state that just in case you were late and therefore had to blame someone.

mk1

Yeah yeah whatever............
Oh  and  there was  a 10-12 minute 'connection time' for the GC Train at York.
Much as I would love to manage my connections  so as to have a train waiting at every interchange the poor  service from York to Teesside means you get 1 train an hour (besides the 4 a day by GC). My misfortune is that the service from Birmingham means a regular 40 minute wait at York (except at 18:30).

I got myself another name check at the other forum.
It is like spearing fish in a barrel.
Pavlov's dog has nothing on that lot!

no6bus

no under the terms of his asbo hes not allowed camera equipment  :o

no6bus

debate over gentlemen the scab's have decided they are against the scheme, but quite happy to waste money resurfacing baden street, must be scuffing ones knees ;)

mk1

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 25, 2012, 02: PM
Are you saying it has been voted on No6?

Someone in the 'supporters' corner decided to email him and ask.
The reply was not what they wanted to hear.............

no6bus

no but someone emailed the scabs and got the reply he/they are against the scheme and as the labour party vote en-bloc then there is no chance of the scheme being given the go ahead so no vote yet but it's a formality

not4me

Many thanks for the email. Unfortunately I do not take the view that it is in the interests of Hartlepool to hand over the ground to IOR. If I use Newcastlle for example where they do not own the ground but operate very successfully for the people of Newcastle I see no value in parting with a major asset of Hartlepool Borough Council. At the present time the ground, by being owned by the Council is ultimately in the ownership of the people of Hartlepool and as such I shall be opposing any transfer.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Akers-Belcher
Councillor for Foggy Furze
Chair Children's Services Scrutiny Forum and Chair Audit Committee

no6bus

so can we expect the landlords to maintain the property instead of the tenants, after all the football club are paying rental on a football ground so surely it is the councils responsibility to keep the property fit for the purpose it is rented for

The Great Dictator

Inspector Knacker

Good point No 6. As the chairman has talked of running the place on a care and maintenance basis,what would become of the ground if IOR called it a day ...... I suppose our esteemed councillors could turn into a alternative venue ...... extreme maypole dancing and Thai hamster wrestling don't have the same drawing power.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

They were happy to waste £2.2m on the tall stories just give them the fu**ng ground you whining git.

no6bus

why do people use newcastle as an example, it is a bloody city or does he mean the council intend to expand the vic to a 50000 seater stadium if thats the case shouldnt he tell us ::)

codheadless

i think its going to cost ken and russ some money in "donations"  to certain charitable schemes being run in the town to get the ground.
if they give the rifty outfit £5000 (it was enough to close the hospital), mad dogs cheap fridge shop £10000 and maybe a new minibus for the blobs family outfit, they will get the labour votes needed for the ground.
one more thing, drummond will have to play devils advocate and oppose the vote for labour to go for it.

The Great Dictator

Drummond and Kath Hill will abstain because they are season ticket holders.
10 years ago half of Liverpool council voted for a new football ground until someone pointed out that they all had season tickets and cried foul play.
Sad thing is that half of the thickos at Clarence road who voted for him thought he would have done them a big favour.