Master Plan to regenerate the town How could anyone vote against it..........

Started by mk1, May 22, 2012, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

Just as a matter of interest, could someone explain why the sale/giveaway of the Pools ground has to be part of this grand scheme at all? Why can't the hotel/college accommodation and other parts of the scheme go ahead as a stand-alone scheme?
This is a genuine question as I've noticed that the emphasis seems to have changed somewhat lately in suggesting that the sale/giveaway of the ground is but a small part of the whole scheme. If IOR are chipping in financially to some sort of partnership with other organisations to fund the whole scheme, then maybe giving away the ground becomes less of an issue as IOR will be contributing in other ways financially.
For example, if handing over the ground to IOR allows them to borrow money from the banks to part-fund the larger scheme by using the ground as security then perhaps it all makes a bit more sense.   

cranky_old_sod

Quote from: mk1 on May 23, 2012, 07: PM
I wasn't going to mention this but hey...........

I was on the Grand Central from York to Pool last Saturday alongside  some returning 'football' supporters on who kept reminding each other (loudly)than some of them were recently ejected from a train  for arguing with some people from Darlington. The bone of contention was not that they had been kicked off but that the Darlo-lovers had been allowed to stay on!

But there was no football involving Pools last weekend(19th) or weekend before(12th). Some fans may have travelled back from London on 5th going through York On the Grand Central but then Darlington's season was over, so whatever they were doing cannot be associated with either set of fans from the two clubs... East Coast last train from York to Middlesbrough is designated "Dry" every Saturday, don't blame football fans all the time. I don't care either way at moment whether the ground is handed over or not there are pro's and con's

mk1

Quote from: cranky_old_sod on May 23, 2012, 08: PM

But there was no football involving Pools last weekend(19th) or weekend before(12th).

Where did I say there was?

Some fans may have travelled back from London on 5th going through York On the Grand Central but then Darlington's season was over, so whatever they were doing cannot be associated with either set of fans from the two clubs...

Well 2 of them were wearing Hartlepool shirts and were talking (loudly) about Hartlepool fixtures. Another group several seat away (who got off at Hartlepool) were singing football songs at the top of their voices.

East Coast last train from York to Middlesbrough is designated "Dry" every Saturday, don't blame football fans all the time. I don't care either way at moment whether the ground is handed over or not there are pro's and con's

I did say Grand Central didn't I.
For what its worth the conductor made an announcement reminding passengers not to shout or sing loudly.

Tell you what ask the bald 30 something year old who spent the whole journey (to Yarm) chatting up the 2 women from Yarm and the  portly 40 year oldish one who made several comments (of a sexual nature) about them after they got off.
The gallant 30 year old bought the woman  a bottle of wine but they refused to take it  home with them so he necked the lot in one swig before informing the  rest of us 'one of them was all right but the other was a bit of a dog' and bragging he got their phone numbers.

I still have the tickets if you want to continue down this road.
I  remember seeing 2 woman 'bouncers' on the trian as well.

for fawkes sake

Quote from: testicles on May 23, 2012, 07: PM
Its not the point, they visit and enjoy our hospitality, many even stay overnight.
Translated into reality we have two options:

• They arrive early so that they can take advantage of the excellent shopping facilities in Hartlepool, take in the tourist spots, watch the game and then relax in our 'cafe culture' before taking in a meal before bed.
  • They arrive early enough to have a skinful before the game and then top up with even more alcohol afterwards, sometimes till the early hours in order to get so paralytic that they need to pre-book a hotel room beforehand to throw up in before making their way back home.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

no6bus

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 23, 2012, 06: PM
Hang on..

Walking from the station to the ground with police presence and back again. any money they spend is mainly in the ground itself.

Look what happens when the go for a quiet pint..

oh do behave you little drama queen.
what trouble was there when your favourites came for the cup game, as a result of the treatment they received when they play north east teams quite a few actually stay in the town as a base eating and drinking on the marina.
there is very rarely trouble at pools games with an obvious exception

no6bus

I was on the Grand Central from York to Pool last Saturday alongside  some returning 'football' supporters on who kept reminding each other (loudly)than some of them were recently ejected from a train  for arguing with some people from Darlington. The bone of contention was not that they had been kicked off but that the Darlo-lovers had been allowed to stay on!

you always seem to be at the events dont you, just passing pubs/grand hotels, on trains not that i would infer you talk rubbish and make things up to prove your point, its merely a coincidence ::)

no6bus

no6bus

now i would say you mentioned football supporters to try and prove your point but as was pointed out our season finished a fortnight previous and no fixtures till next season so you sure your not fibbing again

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on May 23, 2012, 09: PM
you always seem to be at the events dont you, just passing pubs/grand hotels, on trains not that i would infer you talk rubbish and make things up to prove your point, its merely a coincidence ::)

I travel extensively. Every  weekend  I use  the train so I encounter a  lot of baying mobs.
Perhaps the bit about the Yarm ladies will spur the memory of someone on the other site?
If you want further checkable details the 16:03 Cross Country Train from Brum to York ran 12 minutes late to Leeds and only made the time up on the Leeds-York section. If it had not then we (there were several  people getting the Grand central) would have missed the Grand Central connection at 18:43

PS.
The Cross Country Timetable changed last week and the times I remember (16:03)  may have  changed by a minute or so.

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on May 23, 2012, 09: PM
now i would say you mentioned football supporters to try and prove your point but as was pointed out our season finished a fortnight previous and no fixtures till next season so you sure your not fibbing again

Perhaps you should check the way 'football' supporters in enclosed in quote marks.
Then you should  check up on the phrase 'scare quotes'

I also should inform you that you are the easiest fish to catch bar none!

no6bus

The Great Dictator

no6bus

oh dont tell MK1 it will spoil his whole weekend and have to target another group, on second thoughts no he wont  8)

The Great Dictator

I imagine MK1 reads the bible all day and listens to Mozart ?

steveL

Does anyone know how much IOR will be contributing to this scheme financially?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.