Master Plan to regenerate the town How could anyone vote against it..........

Started by mk1, May 22, 2012, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benefitcheat

Quote from: Micksmate on May 23, 2012, 11: AM
Is this going to be pie in the sky again, like the bridge to the Headland, the Waterworld on the marina, the War Museum, the cruise ships coming in and berthing next to a scrap yard, does anyone actually know or is everyone just jumping on the bandwagon guessing game.

What gets me about these schemes isn't that they are daft ideas that don't come to fruition but that they are in principle sound ideas that are invested in but then shelved because the folk who think them up don't have the skills to move them forwards.

If the council spend £50k developing a project, then drop it that is a waste of tax payers money.

If they spent that £50k developing the idea and then passed it to an investor who was tied into an agreement that they would make it a reality then it would be a good use of funds.

I'm generally in favour of the club owning their own ground, but I think I'd be happier with a situation where the club and LA worked on making the plan a reality, and at the end of the process the football stadium were placed in the control of a supporters trust who would allow IOR free reign to develop the stadium but who would also ensure that if IOR folded the club would have a home unlike the team down the road. I do however have my pink glasses on today so am seeing the world in a funny rose tinted way.

mk1

I see the other forum has gone ballistic in its attacks on this thread. They seem obsessed with HTH.
I was reminded of another recent thread where 'Chip on his shoulder' was informed of the SCAB Coronation spoof page here and opined that (as there is no way he would check it himself) it was probably 'full of homophobia' This was promptly followed by several posts containing nothing but homophobic jokes/slurs!

no6bus

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on May 22, 2012, 10: PM
What a ridiculously loaded statement. It is shameless and blinkered.

something that would never happen on here of course. ::)

failed council wannabes with a grudge against anything positive happening in hartlepool,
you only see the negatives in anything
looking forward to the vitriol against the tall ships starting again ;D

no6bus

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 23, 2012, 01: PM

The Morrison site sold I am told for £4m so 100k is a giveaway.

I don't care if HUFC only wanted the pitch as long as they pay the going rate for it..

It's like you want to say well HUFC only want the ground and a tiny bit of land round it..so it's ok.. let them have it..

We it ain't ok, so tell them to pay a fair price.
the morrisons site sold for a retail unit ie morrisons to be built there so not really a good comparison as the football club isnt gonna be selling fruit and veg is it

Donkey Kong

Quote from: no6bus on May 23, 2012, 03: PM
looking forward to the vitriol against the tall ships starting again ;D

Try the "Dangerous Delusions" thread.  They've titled it differently this time so that they can pretend that they're not moaning about the same old thing yet again!  :)

no6bus

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 23, 2012, 03: PM
Quote from: no6bus on May 23, 2012, 03: PM

the morrisons site sold for a retail unit ie morrisons to be built there so not really a good comparison as the football club isnt gonna be selling fruit and veg is it

It's not important what it was sold for.. the point is..it sold for £4m..
and that is the thing we will never agree on, the use for the land will always impact on the price, if its to build houses or a supermarket on it it will always sell for more, if its to build a skateboard park then it would obviously sell for less.

So to offer 10k or 100k for the Vic site and extra land is day dreaming on HUFC part.

As for fruit and veg... it sells Tea, coffee, Bovril, crisps, sweets, beer, pies, pasties, shirts, tracksuites, scarves, banners, flags, programmes and much much more so get along and get your hand in your pocket and buy buy buy with all your friends and then HUFC can come back with a better reasonable offer that can be taken seriously.

And we all live happily ever after..

no6bus

by the way LLTA i never intended the failed council wannabe at you as i am aware you have a little more integrity than that,
mind you are still talking sh**e over pools

Benefitcheat

I want the proposed development to happen (I've been saving my chocolate buttons for weeks to invest).

I just can't see it working out. If IOR were given a cast Iron guarantee they could have the ground once the master plan was completed and the town suitably regenerated then perhaps that would be a good compromise.

The football fan in me also worries I'll lose interest in going if they develop the stadium so much that I have to sit down under a roof to watch games, standing in the cold north eastern weather, getting soaked watching a miserable 0-0 draw on a Tuesday night in February is character building and as much a part of the experience as travelling to foreign lands to be stabbed by nutters is for top level teams who reach the champions league.

no6bus

Quote from: Benefitcheat on May 23, 2012, 05: PM
I want the proposed development to happen (I've been saving my chocolate buttons for weeks to invest).

I just can't see it working out. If IOR were given a cast Iron guarantee they could have the ground once the master plan was completed and the town suitably regenerated then perhaps that would be a good compromise.

The football fan in me also worries I'll lose interest in going if they develop the stadium so much that I have to sit down under a roof to watch games, standing in the cold north eastern weather, getting soaked watching a miserable 0-0 draw on a Tuesday night in February is character building and as much a part of the experience as travelling to foreign lands to be stabbed by nutters is for top level teams who reach the champions league.
no mention of the millhouse terracing going so you can still stand and get wet

Benefitcheat

As a Pools fan (and a resident of the other board) I think I prefer (as I mentioned earlier in this thread) the idea of a fans trust owning the ground rather than the council or IOR.

The council could vanish and the ground could belong to the united states of tees valley, who wouldn't care less having the Boro in their city centre, IOR could get bored and sell up to someone as feckless as the string of owners Darlington have had, but the fans will always be fans and wouldn't have any reason to take an income from the stadium just a £1 a year rental and a long term unconditional lease to whoever owns HUFC.

It isn't impossible to do and it is probably a good way to take things long term, but like all big projects egos would get in the way and you'd be left trying to pick up the crumbs from a bunfight.

Quote from: no6bus on May 23, 2012, 05: PM

no mention of the millhouse terracing going so you can still stand and get wet

Well in that case I'm a happy bunny.

The Great Dictator

They should get it free, how many companies get grants and have traded here for 104 years ?

We get £18000 a year in rent, how much would it cost the council to advertise on national TV every week, they do it free on our behalf.

I'd rather give them the ground than have the Tall stories back here..

The Great Dictator

Yes we do get tourists because of it, we had 900 visitors on 6 occasions last season and many thousands more.

The Great Dictator

Its not the point, they visit and enjoy our hospitality, many even stay overnight.

mk1

Isn't that a zero-sum calculation.
Any  home benefit  is  cancelled by the money our supporters take to away matches?

mk1

I wasn't going to mention this but hey...........

I was on the Grand Central from York to Pool last Saturday alongside  some returning 'football' supporters on who kept reminding each other (loudly)than some of them were recently ejected from a train  for arguing with some people from Darlington. The bone of contention was not that they had been kicked off but that the Darlo-lovers had been allowed to stay on!