Anyone read the Mayor Drummond article in the Mail

Started by notinshadow, May 19, 2012, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

Stig of the Seaton Dump

£5000 deposit ....not a job for the common man then !!!!
I don't believe it.

The Great Dictator

The police authority is coming to an end anyway, if he was seconded as a local authority member then he would have lost it but as a public member no. I think he is on there because of his council membership....Dead man walking means he is staring into the abyss as far as his mayoral career goes.

codheadless

he's a lifelong member of the gravy train now though, he will of made some powerfull friends in his time as mayor and one of them will find a job for him, dont know if it will pay enough for a house on wynyard like.

christine blakey

The fact remains that in 2009, Stuart was in the newspapers just before purdah saying that the Mayor is a 24/7 job.  He even had his diary in the newspaper, though some of the diary entries were false.

The now he is able to manage the Police Chair's job also.  Those who are supporting this should hang their head in shame.  Stuart states he has done a great job handling the responsibilities of the two.  He also reported in the BBC Tees show that people were only complaining about him taking the second job for election purposes (though he was not up for election).  He said that people had accepted it now, after he had proven himself to have the skills to cover the whole of Cleveland Police Authority and the needs of our town without compromise or conflict. 

I asked if Stuart could use his Mayoral column to report on his daily duties as that would something many would be interested in.  If the diary blog could show that Stuart was as astute as he wants us to believe, I would be delighted.  However, he continues to write as a politician when he also states he is independent.  It just doesn't add up?

dangerman

If unelected 'hopefully' the door will be open for to pursue other lucrative employment posibilities as you rightly state he does have have friends in high places.

None more so than Peter Mandelson.

He's a Labour Mayor serving as an Independent Council member on Cleveland Police Authority.

We shall see next year the demise of C.P.A. and the Mayor.

BUT he can always sell copies of the Mail on the ramp outside the Library I can see the Front Page;

Mayor On The Dole!

The Great Dictator

He can go back to Garlands, as the night watchman..

Julie noted

Sell papers?  Back to Garlands?

His future is assured as a roving ambassador, across the world stage, giving his important views and revelations on how the save the world from global warming, deforestation and rising sea levels.  8)

I can see him in a TV series, similar to the one they used to do for Fred Dibnah, but instead of chimneys and engineering, it will be on saving grot spots across the world.

One of his first will to ensure that Hadrian's wall is finally finished, complete with a MacDonald's outlet every mile, each with an attached souvenir shop of Hartlepool Utd. tat.  ::)

The Great Dictator

Then solve the housing crisis in South Africa.

dangerman

A Night Watchman?? Who's going to be be watching HIM!

Greg X

'HARTLEPOOL Mayor Stuart Drummond says it is "highly unlikely" he will stand for the Police and Crime Commissioner role in Cleveland – but hasn't ruled it out completely'

In that case, neither have I.

Hopefully the P&CC will have charisma, experience, resolve, brilliant people-skills and be a great orator.

notenoughsaid

To Julie Noted..... The difference between the late and great Fred Dibnah and Mayor Drummond is that the former did something positive about "grot spots "the latter just scratches around  them ,notice the connection? Sorry about that...  Fred got rid of them in great  style. I wish he was still about to get rid of Steetley chimney before some idiot slaps a listed building order on it as was suggested some years ago. Why burden the tax payers further with a now useless item as it is now. How many have complained about the smell emitted by it when in operation.? As a former boat owner I used it as a landmark but with modern navigational  equipment I feel it should go. In any event who is going to by a new house within its shadow.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I would rather keep the chimney than the Mayor.
Anyway it will help Dumbo find the right direction to Hartlepool when he moves to Wynyard.
I don't believe it.

notenoughsaid

ToSoftheD....Agreed,but if we go the whole hog and get rid of the stack we might not see the Mayor again if he cannot find his  way back.   Double wammy.....however I am sure he will still get his cash sent. On the other hand if he is busy texting from the car and doing all of his other jobs he claims he can do at the same time he may not have time to look for it in any event.