Traveller Planning Examination 24th September

Started by Extra77, August 22, 2013, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Extra77

Online Petition, May not make any difference but everything helps !

http://tinyurl.com/lk7op7w

admin

The planning examination resumes on Tuesday, September 24, at Hartlepool College of Further Education, in Stockton Street, at 10am.

Jim Riddle, programme officer for the inquiry, has confirmed the meeting will be open to the public.

Those people eligible to speak will receive notification in advance

admin

For Info: Press Release from HBC

A GOVERNMENT Planning Inspector is set to resume his examination of Hartlepool Council's Local Plan, including a proposal to designate land as a potential gypsy and traveller site.

The issue will be considered at a hearing on Tuesday September 24 from 10am at Hartlepool College of Further Education.

Although it will be open to the public, the only people allowed to speak will be those who have pre-arranged with Planning Inspector Kevin Ward to do so.

Under Government planning guidelines, Hartlepool Council is required to designate land for a gypsy and traveller site in its Local Plan.

Earlier this year, Mr Ward halted his formal examination of the Council's Local Plan after deciding that the authority's then preferred option for a gypsy and traveller site in Brenda Road was not suitable or deliverable.

He asked for further work to be carried out to find an appropriate site and following a lengthy consultation process the Council selected land at Hart Smallholdings West, west of Hart Village, as its preferred option. Land at nearby Hart Smallholdings East, between Hart Village and Clavering, has been identified as a "fallback" site.

Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, Leader of Hartlepool Council said: "The hearing is to be held in the college's conference room and the venue will be clearly signposted throughout the college. There will be around 200 seats available to members of the public wishing to observe proceedings and these will be allocated on a first come-first served basis. Separate arrangements will be made for people who arrange with Mr Ward to speak at the hearing."

Following consideration of proposed gypsy and traveller site provision, the examination hearing will then look at overall housing provision in the Local Plan on Wednesday September 25 from 10am. The following day, also from 10am, the hearing will consider an additional housing site allocation at Tunstall Farm as proposed by Taylor Wimpey which is currently not part of the Local Plan or supported by the Council

Press release pr26502. September 12 2013.
Issued by Steve Hilton, Public Relations Officer, on (01429) 284065.

Sanddancer

200 seats might not be enough if the last Village Hall meeting is anything to go by.

steveL

Just some extra information for anyone planning to attend this meeting.
Apparently the seating capacity for the romm being used has now been revised downwards and with an apparently 'unknown' demand from officials taking part, it's not at all certain just how many members of the public will get into the room at the College.

No doubt a lot of interested people will be at work while this meeting is taking place but even so, given the demand for places at the village hall meeting it'sd not looking good.

Dear Councillors, as you may recall I previously informed you that there were 215 available seats for the public within the college during the forthcoming hearings
Unfortunately Planning Policy were given an incorrect figure, the room actually has capacity for 198 people.
It is not possible to give an exact indication of how many seats will be available on the day as it is not know how many participants will be around the table and how many other stakeholders will be present as support to the participants.
Planning Policy has been advising interested parties to arrive early and a press release advising of the limited number of seats is imminent.

Apologies for the initial miss information
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Sanddancer

Why am I not surprised that seating for members of the public will be limited??

St Paul

This reminds me of when Mr Richardson removed seats from the council chamber before a meeting on the hospital. Classic military planning.....choose your own battleground to your own advantage.

fred c

Quote from: St Paul on September 17, 2013, 11: AM
This reminds me of when Mr Richardson removed seats from the council chamber before a meeting on the hospital. Classic military planning.....choose your own battleground to your own advantage.

Yeah, thats what immediately comes to everyones mind when "The Mob" start their Antics, the ridiculous behaviour of the then Chairman in removing seats etc etc was blamed on members of the publics comments of Civil Unrest..... The Bearded Wonder had, had his Ar*e in a council chair for that long he no longer recognised the publics option of showing disent.

"The Mob"are so insecure that they resort at the "Drop of a Hat" to blaming the Council Tax Payers that bother to turn up to public meetings, you would think we had Tumbrels parked outside to cart them off to the Guillotine.

It isn`t just the odd, now & again happening, they do it whenever they feel treatened by public pressure, I have no doubt that the people opposed to the Gypsy Sites will demonstrate their true feelings towards "The Dear Leader & The Mob"..... unlike the opinions in the HBC Propaganda Poll.

Hartlepudlion

Well Fred, I think your suggestion is right. Lets get the tumbrels out tho might need to sharpen the blades as their skins is so thick.

Jeff

GREAT NEWS KEITH FISHER IS ON THE CASE
RECEIVED TONIGHT
Unless you want to speak!!!

I am confident that the good people who will speak to THE Planning Inspector on our behalf tomorrow will well-present our powerful case.

I am conscious that it was within the remit of The Inspector himself to decide who would speak and who would not
Therefore the only contribution which most of us can make tomorrow is to B THERE  and to fill the 198 seater venue to overflowing
I do believe that in the real world that us people can speak just by being there
PLEASE TRY TO ATTEND --
TOMORROW

TUESDAY 24th September 2013

Hartlepool College of FE

Stockton Road

10:00 start

Thank You

Keith Fisher
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

Sanddancer

So at the meeting were Fisher and Beck who observed and said nothing as I assume they had tabled no questions in advance. It was a rather unedifying spectacle of council officers being hung out to dry by the elected representatives, or rather those on the committee  who had made the Hart decision. Officers were squirming in trying to defend the indefensible as it became obvious that the Hart sites were the most unsuitable. We had the smokescreen attempt to say that all sites were sustainable and to be considered equally but their own evidence contradicted that leading to the superb admission by a council officer headlined in the Hartlepool Mail this evening..

You couldn't make it up.

steveL

The general impression was that the Hart guys made their case very well and exposed the whole decision process as a pre-determined sham.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jeff

See the Hartlepool Mail have pulled the story of Wednesdays Planning meeting from their Website already.......
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

Sanddancer

Why don't they just give the editor's job to the ABs?

Bring back Harry Blackwood.

A N Other

I should say it is shocking that the Hartlepool Mail appears to have pulled this story, but in reality there is no shock at all. When will the Hartlepool Mail gain a spine and print an expose, revealing what is actually going on in our town.

It is sad to say that a town I have lived in since birth, worked in for over 20 years and ran a business from for over 8 years is being dragged back to the dark ages by a group of local Councillors who appear focused on self promotion and self gain. When will our local press grow a pair and publish the facts that everyone seems aware of?

I was at the meeting of the Planning Inspector on Tuesday and was totally appauled to see not one member of the Finance and Policy Committee bothered to turn up and face questions. Instead they put forward a party of Planning Officers who had to take the flack for their arrogance and ignorance.

There was a sign on one seat reserving it for Conservative Councillor Ray Wells, but he did not sit on it...hmmm, he must have been at the Labour Party conference with his friends.