Local Election Nominations - May 2019

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, April 03, 2019, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

diSme

For anyone in the fens/rossmere area, I know Peter Joyce personally, and I know he's a genuine, stand-up kind of guy.

He most definitely defends the interests of the local community, and has done for years, and he is absolutely against the ruling mob we are currently enduring.

I don't want to sound like I'm canvassing on his behalf, however I believe the fella to be well worthy of my vote, and I wished to share that sentiment.
I believe everything and nothing

fred c

I have to admit that having met Peter Joyce numerous time at various council meetings he is certainly aware of the problems the town faces and is committed to changing things, from my conversations with him I get the impression that he believes being a good councillor starts at ward level.......Fens and Rossmere could do a lot worse than give him a shot......

Topcat

To be honest I'm a bit suspicious of the number of candidates standing in Foggy Furze ward ,seven seems to be a lot more than usual ,one might be tempted to think that there might be a bit of "gamesmanship" at work here. After all a diluted vote would give a sitting councillor a better chance of gaining a majority.

DRiddle

Agree with Topcat. There are at least 2 names on the ballot paper for Foggy Furze with connections to a third on there.

DRiddle

In fact, the ballot paper has some distinct similarities to the OFCA board.

http://www.ofca.org.uk/team.html

The sad thing is, I expect KC to walk it because most people are totally oblivious to what's been going on.

Topcat

Sadly I have to agree with Mr Riddle the labour vote is too entrenched in some people's minds to be able to shift it for at least another generation.

Inspector Knacker

Foggy Furze Ward has indeed a rash of independents, but who is the real independent?
As for Cranney getting in again, he probably will, because if you aren't on social media you rely on local news outlets, which will bombard you with pictures of the politburo and their beaming faces as they announce yet another good news initiative. The image is massaged and the future is bright, if you have no other viewpoint to inform you.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

The 'Real Indepent' could have 'I Am Not A Relative Of Kevin Cranney' as header on his election leaflet.....

Then underneath that..... Joe Bloggs, Billy Baconeck, ***** *********** are.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on April 06, 2019, 07: AM
The 'Real Indepent' could have 'I Am Not A Relative Of Kevin Cranney' as header on his election leaflet.....

You've given me an idea of how to spot the 'not so independents' now.
Just check the spelling of the word 'independent' as I'm sure the use of a five syllable word they'd have trouble pronouncing never mind spelling will reveal them as members of 'Culture Club'.

fred c

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 06, 2019, 09: AM

Just check the spelling of the word 'independent' as I'm sure the use of a five syllable word they'd huave trouble pronouncing never mind spelling will reveal them as members of 'Culture Club'.

Be Very Careful you don't make any More Typo's.......

mk1

CABs tactic is clear. He knows Mammy Belcher and the Inebriate are not going to win. He  justhopes the two stooges will bleed enough Labour votes to make sure the 'New' New Labour lot do not win and a real independent gets the seat. That way there won't be enough votes to replace him as 'leader' and he will keep control the purse-strings. He is not in the least bit concerned that Labour will loses  seats and his overriding aim is to keep his income stream. Once the Corbynites take over he knows its back to flipping burgers for him and his turnip of a partner.

SRMoore

Labour don't have to lose many before they lose overall control and by default the leadership.

Inspector Knacker

:D
Quote from: fred c on April 06, 2019, 11: AM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 06, 2019, 09: AM

Just check the spelling of the word 'independent' as I'm sure the use of a five syllable word they'd huave trouble pronouncing never mind spelling will reveal them as members of 'Culture Club'.

Be Very Careful you don't make any More Typo's.......
Oops, does that mean I have to stand as an independent? :D

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on April 06, 2019, 04: PM
Labour don't have to lose many before they lose overall control and by default the leadership.
Better to be the leader of the largest gang than a minnow in the Ruling group. The Tory Councillor votes are bought and paid for.