'Coffee House' Vacancies

Started by steveL, January 01, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Wheres The Caf........... thought it was supposed to be opening in March, still looks far from ready even now........ I wonder if the Staff are being paid a retention wage untill the doors do actually open........ FOI required to find out the exact cost of the whole thing, Building, Roads, Parking, Equipment etc etc etc.

The Great Dictator

It can be Drummonds legacy..

stokoe

fred they have had the tarmac put down today,the car park is massive wow is it,posh new street lights
and the big patio is just been finished,outside the town company done it :-X love to know
the final cost,5 months late it is. the planting of the big shrubs is getting planted now, i was
thinking is alan titsmarch there. a hive of activity when i was walking the dog.

had my personal invite to canapés and nibbles on friday 8) still don't think it will be there in 2 yrs time though :-[

The Great Dictator

It will be the first thing to be axed to keep next years council tax down..

stokoe

noticed when walking the dog last night,and as i said in another thread about the above.
there is now a planning permission proposal to sell alcohol in the cafe.
wonder what them posters mean in the cemetery no alcohol allowed? when it suits come to mind

testing times

has anyone been up for a Latte yet? I heard it was pretty dead  :-\

fred c

I persuaded my better half to take me along the first week it opened..... It opens it`s doors at 9.30, we called in at 10.50.... they only had 2 cheese scones left... they had been very busy was the reason given.

I have to say it was a nice cup of Coffee & Tea..... but not a very varied menu..... the usual Scones, Teacakes, Sandwiched & Panninis.

I can`t remember the prices... i got the wife to pay.......

It has a front & back room, back room has about 7 or 8 tables & chairs, front has about 3 or 4 tables & chairs...... It has a nicely lawned area & a good sized patio with tables & chairs.

If memory serves it was supposed to cost in the region of £250,000...... The Mail reported it has cost £280,000....... but i have heard from 2 different sources, that the final total is in the region of £400,000.

A F.O.I request should be able to answer that little query.