To night is chapter 3 0f Hartlepools FINEST SCUTTERS ..

Started by mr ben, February 27, 2019, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Inspector Knacker

I always come back into the room for the final credits. If the word 'credit' is apt.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Now all three episodes have been on, my opinion is that it was a waste of an opportunity to highlight the issues universal credit has created.
Universal credit combined with ATOS assessments have been linked to deaths and serious hardship.

It could have been The Mighty Redcar meets I Daniel Blake, instead all it achieved was highlighting some dodgy personalities.

The story of the mother fighting cancer again and looking for help with her diet didn't have the impact.
To me that was a potentially life or death situation !

I am not the biggest fan of the BBC, but this said more in 3 minutes than 3 hours
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06w5r80/on-the-ground-universal-credit-im-living-on-nothing
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

It was pure peep show sensationalism for the most part, a trip to the Human Zoo. It shed little if any light on Universal credit and trashed the town's image.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Bluenose

It was designed to entertain not inform . In the past programs  such as World in Action or Panorama  may shown the impacts, but this is meat as entertainment  at its lowest level