"hbc councillors never off duty" councillor chris simmons

Started by jawsbbc, July 01, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

Harry Blackwood Shouty Fred Corbett got banned from all council buildings IIRC. Big David Riddle supporter is Fred.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 16 hrs · Edited
Remove
Chris Simmons
Chris Simmons Hard working Councillors (and you are one, Carl) should not be bullied into refusing an increase in their allowance. This one is well overdue - at least 10 years overdue in fact. Even with the increase local Councillors will still be close to the lowest allocation in the country.

Those people who have posted abuse on social media should be ashamed of themselves. Easy enough to knock what Councillors get as recompense for the work they do on behalf of their community. Anyone worth their salt who does this work doesn't do it for the money; why would they? They do it because they think they can make things a little better for those they represent. They are never off duty, at home, at leisure, even on holiday. Most Councillors do a damn good job for their constituents, much of it unseen and some of it thankless. They certainly can't be doing it for the allowance they get, if they were, people would be queuing up to get elected.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 9 · 14 hrs
Remove
Julie Clayton
Julie Clayton One of the things that has me totally bewildered Chris Simmons is if you are not able to attend council meetings during the day ever, then why for goodness sake put yourself up for election knowing full well you can only give a tiny part of yourself to the job? Then shout from the rooftops (and plaster over social media) that the timing of the meetings is just not fair, lol ;)
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 3 · 14 hrs
Remove
Carl Richardson
Carl Richardson No bullying Chris, I am just maintaining what I and others said in the Council Chamber two years ago

fred c

It isn't what Richardson said in the council chamber 2 years ago, it was what he said in the council chamber 2 weeks ago that will be remembered in May 2018..........as for HBC councillors never being off duty........Simmonds in spouting B***ox

Anything a jumped up Blown out the Back of The Bunch ar*ehole has to say is of no interest to me whatsoever...... I would engage him in a battle of wits...... unfortunately, he is only half equipped.... cuckooo cuckooo cuckooo

steveL

Can I just point out that this is the same Chris Simmons that asked council officers to 'find a way around the Freedom of Information Act' to stop the council being forced to hand over a copy of the Peer Review Report which criticised the council for it's lack of transparency, the frequency with which it changed the council's constitution and the 'perception' that councillors were too often seen to be acting out of self-interest.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Never off duty? If someone becomes a Councillor, they choose to do it because they want to be a Councillor. Nobody takes them at gunpoint to the Kremlin and sentences them to life as a Councillor.
If they find out it's not a cruise down the river and being admired by the public, quit.
You're doing what YOU wanted to do, YOUR CHOICE.
So get on with it or get out.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jawsbbc

STEVE L is there a copy of the peer review  report ?

steveL

I'm sure there is somewhere within the Post archives but you're going back to 2012
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

They are never off duty, you mean when they are at a funeral / jolly, defrauding funds from a charity organisation, going bankrupt etc.

They are on duty but not accountable ?