Radio Tees

Started by seaton, May 22, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

In Hartlepool at 9 posing questions to the electorate and the candidates.

kevplumb

don't belive I sat through all that drivell
if you put the lot in a bag and shook it you would not get anything sensible/believable out of it  :'(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

seaton

None of them said anything which would convince me to vote for them.
The only 2 who knew anything about things local were Broughton and the Lib Dem fella.
Hill doesn't do nought for me, clone of Corbyn, the Tory fella doesn't know the town, so what have we got left too vote for ?

testing times

The reason people should vote Tory is that if Labour lose the seat, Labour Central will force the SCABS out - simple.

kevplumb

Quote from: testing times on May 22, 2017, 10: AM
The reason people should vote Tory is that if Labour lose the seat, Labour Central will force the SCABS out - simple.
if labour was any kind of party that would have been done well before now
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

Quote from: testing times on May 22, 2017, 10: AM

Funny you should say that. I gather Labour North is well aware that the SCABS are a liability to them (even though they've done bugger all about it). The quote I have from some woman at Labour North is "The Akers-Belcher are a local embarrassment that threatens to go national"

On top of that, the word is that Wrighty told them to stay clear of the local council when searching for a replacement.

As I see it, the main opportunity being presented to us during the GE is the chance to cause an upset, remind Labour that they have to earn our vote and the chance to get rid of the Cabal that have hijacked the Labour brand in Hartlepool.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

I was alarmed about recycling being an employment growth area for the town.

Considering all the dirt we have had to put up with, lack of quality jobs and general dubious operating procedures of the likes of Niramax I find it difficult to swallow.

Where is our Nissan, Hitachi etc. ?

Overall I was unimpressed, particularly with the lack of passion from Mike Hill.

I don't see any of the candidates being the saviour of Hartlepool and won't be voting.
That is from somebody that always has.

steveL

Well even if we're unlikely to make progress nationally either way, the chance to upset the apple cart locally is too good to give up.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

akarjl

Lucy Lass-Tick

mala

Only by not electing the Labour Candidate and making this a marginal seat can we hope something happens to upset our local lot.
I would then really be looking forward to the local elections in 2018 with relish as there would be some brown pants around then and I don't mean the ones off the SCABS wedding suits

Inspector Knacker

The town has descended into backwater status under them. Things like hospital services, courts closing etc can be carried out with impunity as politically we're represented by political feather weights, who fill no one with dread.
Imagine the conversation,
"Right, where are we going to make the cuts?"

"It's a no brainer, Hartlepool obviously, we'll get no opposition there"

What about the local politicians, they might kick off big time"

"Ha ha ha, that lot! You just tickle their bellies, pat them on the head, throw a ball for them tell them they're doing a sooooper job and we carry on  cutting"

"Let's hope they carry on being the cuckoos in the nest then"
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.