Niramax Bourough Council (NBC) Fireworks

Started by Tommy, October 28, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy

Wednesday November 5th sees the Niramax Borough Council fireworks display taking place.

I wonder how loud the crowd will be boo-ing the Mayor this year?

I do hope the park and ride schemes are well advertised and not as other years, as I am fed up of not being able to go about my life for this (yes a big whinge of mine).

crisstw

steveL

Quote from: crisstw on October 28, 2014, 12: PM
on a weekday night ?  idiots

I think you need to take that one up with Mr Fawkes.

Reminds me of a past poster who berated Jesus Christ for being inconsiderate enough to have his birthday at a time when the shops were so busy.  :o
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

crisstw

I'm sure it used to be held on the closes Saturday to bonfire night at West Rugby Club ?

one direction

Quote from: crisstw on October 28, 2014, 04: PM
I'm sure it used to be held on the closes Saturday to bonfire night at West Rugby Club ?

that was before they sold the ground for housing...... ;)

Hartlepudlion

I can't see the point of celebrating/remembering anything except on the actual date.

Thus Guy Fawkes night should be on the 5th November regardless of day. And where are the bonfires? Symbolic burning of Parliament that many of you can fantasise on. The bonfire was the memorable part especially on a cold November night. Toffee apples, brandy snap, potatoes thrown into the embers, hot soup. Burnt fingers. Bliss.

H&E. Bigger humbugs than Scrooge!

fred c

When West Rugby Club held a Bonfire it never had anything to do with the council... It was a club enterprise paid for by the club.

fred c

Quote from: one direction on October 28, 2014, 04: PM

that was before they sold the ground for housing...... ;)

West didn`t sell Brierton Lane for Housing, the club effectively went  bust & the ground ended up in the hands of Yuills, who built the housing estate. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

clav 73

If you don't want to go to the council one he old boys rugby club along from the former hospital is holding a display on the 5th as well

As for West I think most members will see it slightly different has how yuills ended up with the ground and how he pulled funding from the club