"lets do the right & sensible thing"

Started by Interested, May 22, 2014, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

Good luck to everyone today !!

I dont for one minute believe that the labour stranglehold on this town will be broken (however i do wish it would be), but....................we have the opportunity today to begin that long journey towards change.......

Lets do the right and sensible thing, for us, our families and the town!!

Everyone reading this..... get out and vote but think carefully about what you really want, this is our opportunity to think to the future and set a legacy for years to come!!!!!

Good luck  ;) ;) ;)

DRiddle

Agreed. Meaningful change can only come via the ballot box initially...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yytCJcCO0xc

(see video for imprint).

Lord Elpus

When you can't see the face of the person doing the narrative I fail to see how this promotes an individuals ego, its promoting a Party.

steveL

Quote from: kipperdip on May 22, 2014, 07: AM
What vanity!
It might come as a devastating shock David but these elections aren't about you.
The ego has landed???

That's a bit mean.

I would have thought that the video. if nothing else, highlights how the advance in technology means that its no longer just the national parties who can put together promotional videos like this.

Give it a go next year, Dave. You can play Harold at the Battle of Hastings trying to keep those nasty French out. Oh, hang on - the French won that one. I guess that's another one-in-the-eye for you.  ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

QuoteWhat vanity!

A comment laced with irony, given that it comes from a man whose election photo is at least 15 years old...  ;)

Pwilson

Quote from: kipperdip on May 22, 2014, 07: AM
What vanity!
It might come as a devastating shock David but these elections aren't about you.
The ego has landed???

For the record this statement above is exactly why people don't vote.

Drag yourself out of the petty childish squabbling mindset and help your party come up with some real policies and maybe you won't be a member of the biggest joke in politics.

steveL

I was told that my picture would be useful as a fridge magnet to stop kids raiding the fridge  >:(
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

grim reaper

"The ego has landed?"  ::)
That isn't just 'mean', it indicates a temperament of pettiness and small mindedness. Exactly what we have in the Council Chamber at the moment!  :(

I wavered until a few days ago which way to go and then I plumbed for D. Riddle. Now my X will definitely be for 'Riddle' at lunchtime.

I was all set for UKIP on the EU paper, now I'm not so sure.
David Riddle may have an 'ego', we all have--especially those in politics--but over the last couple of years he has proved himself capable of standing up to self-serving goons in that Council Chamber.

The video should have a wider audience, it encapsulates most succinctly EVERYTHING that is wrong with having Labour in this town.  >:(
Well done to the producers.