Local traffic Question

Started by Inspector Knacker, December 05, 2019, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Can someone explain why the York Road/Park Road junction outside Titan House doesn't have priority traffic lights to turn left down Park Road and come to that why not allow the barely used bus lane to allow traffic to turn right up Park Road?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 05, 2019, 12: PM
Can someone explain why the York Road/Park Road junction outside Titan House doesn't have priority traffic lights to turn left down Park Road and come to that why not allow the barely used bus lane to allow traffic to turn right up Park Road?
York Rd/Park Rd,  York Rd/Victoria Rd  and Elwick Rd/York Rd junctions are regularly blocked off  by traffic jammed into  the hatched area as impatient motorists try to gain an extra 10 seconds on the Gregg's Sausage roll run.  Limiting  traffic (no cars) from the Burn Valley roundabout (though this roundabout also backs up traffic as far back as Cornwall St) to the Odeon would ease the problem.
The bus stop just after the Elwick Rd junction is also a big problem . All busses that stop there back-up traffic over the lights and the bus stop at the end of Surtees Street is the busiest in the town and on the narrowest part of the pavement. The bank have made their disability ramp take up half the pavement behind the bus shelter. Whoever 'plans' these things is obviously a car user who has no idea about the needs of the pedestrian.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 05, 2019, 01: PM
  Limiting  traffic (no cars) from the Burn Valley roundabout (though this roundabout also backs up traffic as far back as Cornwall St) to the Odeon would ease the problem.

So you don't drive thenI take it.
If we close the entire length of York Road North/South traffic would be crammed into Stockton Street and Catcote Rd or various side roads. Then there would be chaos.
What of a York are then devoid of passing traffic, some Dear Leader style continental cafe culture performance area .....lwhich the buses may just find disrupt the service.
I'm talking traffic management, not Carphobia.

fred c

At peak periods I often find it quicker to travel north to south along York Road, allowing vehicles to turn right up Park Road from York Road would help.

The hatched area at that junction also needs to be rethought, cars turning right into Park Road from York Road are often turning when the lights are on red.

akarjl2

Whoever 'plans' these things is obviously a car user who has no idea about the needs of the pedestrian.

Maybe because they are tasked with planning road traffic....Pedestrians have pavements and crossings galore...the rest of us have to actually get on with life and travel by car....since buses are once in a blue moon, rammed with druggies and retards and completely impractical for those with kids or more than a loaf of bread as shopping.

The best thing they could do is level the whole area and move all businesses to jackson's landing and brenda road....how essential are  takeaways and charity shops anyway?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Maybe there are too many cars, but how else do you get around? The bus service subsidies were eliminated by the Rent a Brain Gang and that has consequences the thickets never considered. Bus fares make it cheaper for a family to get a taxi or even a couple come to that. And when bus services become unreliable and expensive people realise they need a car. A cheap, reliable bus service with a town wide coverage obviously subsidised would be ideal, but I don't see any of the party's coming up with an offer.
So, we need the traffic sorting out to run more efficiently.
As a footnote, when schools are open, I have to be off my drive before 8.00am, when schools are closed, no problem.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 05, 2019, 02: PM

If we close the entire length of York Road North/South traffic would be crammed into Stockton Street and Catcote Rd
And?
If you cant get off your fat ar*se and walk from at most  half a mile between The Burn Valley to the Odeon (total distance 1.2 miles) then  you just stop off at the old Clansman and get a mobility scooter.

akarjl2

unhinged.....nerve tweaked obviously has some one never passed a driving test or been banned lol?

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on December 05, 2019, 03: PM
...........since buses are once in a blue moon, rammed with druggies and retards.......................

I see what you mean.

akarjl2

predictable....odd you fixate on brexit party did they turn down your offer to run as a candidate?? ;)

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 05, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 05, 2019, 02: PM

If we close the entire length of York Road North/South traffic would be crammed into Stockton Street and Catcote Rd
And?
If you cant get off your fat ar*se and walk from at most  half a mile between The Burn Valley to the Odeon (total distance 1.2 miles) then  you just stop off at the old Clansman and get a mobility scooter.
Try to have a sensible discussion about traffic and you show a frothing contempt for motorists. It's ok for you Lord Snooty, you  travel on an ethereal cloud above us mere motoring plebs, up there amongst the Gods.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 05, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: akarjl2 on December 05, 2019, 03: PM
...........since buses are once in a blue moon, rammed with druggies and retards.......................

I see what you mean.

We're in cars chum .... and unlike you don't get aroused by Brexit imagery

fred c

I dare'nt even mention the slice of lovely home made apple i've just eaten......

Inspector Knacker

York Rd/Park Rd,  York Rd/Victoria Rd  and Elwick Rd/York Rd junctions are regularly blocked off  by traffic jammed into  the hatched area as impatient motorists try to gain an extra 10 seconds on the Gregg's Sausage roll run. 
You really do like to spit out your cliched contempt for people with sneering comments like this. 'Greggs Sausage roll run' ...? you make Jacob Rees Mogg look decidedly common and uncouth  in comparison with your good self.  ::)

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 05, 2019, 05: PM
you make Jacob Rees Mogg look decidedly common and uncouth ..............

How do I compare to  Daddy Boris?

Can you spell pinok...pinoquay...Pinnnokeeo....................err  that there puppet with the big nose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGr3qbOPHoE