Help Tactical voting steer required

Started by Pragmatist, December 03, 2019, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on December 04, 2019, 06: PM
You don't get out much do you?

I'll have you know I was along Seaton beach this morning with the dog......

...and I've been to 11 countries in last twelve months......

Sort of beats your senior citizen return ticket to York......... ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on December 04, 2019, 06: PM

It is a long journey from Turkey to the UK. Hope your asylum application is successful.

akarjl2

Quote from: akarjl2 on December 04, 2019, 06: PM

It is a long journey from Turkey to the UK. Hope your asylum application is successful.

British West Hartlepool is careful about who they allow in but I never have any issues ;)

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: akarjl2 on December 04, 2019, 05: PM

When it comes to intelligence I can think of at least one politician in aaartlepool (hint) who's parents did= not a full shilling....
The SCAB Cabal  barely reach double-digit IQ as a group
Thick as you say they are, they had no trouble taking over the local Labour Party, so what does that say about the local Labour Party.....?

.... and the UKIP councillors were hilariously thick.
You should know, you should be on first name terms with them, you've stalked them for years

Politics has become so tribal that blind loyalty to a single issue/party/ movement is the only thing that matters and if that means you have to do and say obviously  stupid things for your cause then stupid things will be done and defended to the death no matter how blatant the stupidity.
You are talking about yourself and referring to your loyalty to the remain cause I assume?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Pragmatist

Anyway back to my question
Can anybody get some data on current polling so us tactical voters can work out how best to remove Hill.
Btw Labour canvassers our today acknowledge Tice as main threat ( and that Corbyn is a complete liability on doorstep)
Any data??

akarjl2

Just my gut reaction but i think any candidate that spends some time in last few days in Hartlepool who can string a sentence together and is pro brexit will probably first over the line. Which probably means Tice if he makes the effort.

lib demo remain
cranny- retarded
conservatives- never seen sight nor sound
labour gutless

IF and it is a big if Hill grows some and claims he will support Bonrises deal he may swing it.

if the i have always voted labour mentality prevails the the town deserves everything it gets- nothing.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Hard to come up with statistics, as the likes of the Electoral Calculus use data from previous elections in their predictions - and the Brexit party didn't exist in 2017. Still, I agree with Akarjl2 that Hill's main oppo is Tice.

Inspector Knacker

akarjl2

kevplumb

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 04, 2019, 09: PM
Hill's main threat is Hill.
have to agree  he makes cranney sound sensible and that takes some doing  ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Express thinks otherwise

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1210217/general-election-news-brexit-party-richard-tice-hartlepool-leave-vote-labour-party

a parliamentary procedure expert, has predicted that by running in the Leave area, Mr Tice is actually ensuring Labour will retain the seat. He also hit out at Nigel Farage for not "bowing out with grace" and risking a Tory majority by standing Brexit Party candidates in battleground seats...............

The chairman of Hartlepool's Conservative party hit out at Mr Farage for effectively handing the seat to Labour.

Ray Martin-Wells said the two pro-Brexit parties would "take each other out" and relinquish a once in a generation chance to remove Labour MPs in the north-east heartland.

The former councillor said he was "surprised and disappointed that [Mr Farage] will effectively hand seats to Labour who clearly don't want to support Brexit".

He added: "I think if we had a clear run at it we'd have a strong chance – Boris is a straight-talker which goes down very well in Hartlepool – but if the Brexit Party stand we will just take each other out."

Lucy Lass-Tick

Suppose it makes a change for the Express - a change from from Niburu being about to knock the planet into oblivion.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 05, 2019, 04: PM

Express thinks otherwise

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1210217/general-election-news-brexit-party-richard-tice-hartlepool-leave-vote-labour-party

a parliamentary procedure expert, has predicted that by running in the Leave area, Mr Tice is actually ensuring Labour will retain the seat. He also hit out at Nigel Farage for not "bowing out with grace" and risking a Tory majority by standing Brexit Party candidates in battleground seats...............

The chairman of Hartlepool's Conservative party hit out at Mr Farage for effectively handing the seat to Labour.

Ray Martin-Wells said the two pro-Brexit parties would "take each other out" and relinquish a once in a generation chance to remove Labour MPs in the north-east heartland.

The former councillor said he was "surprised and disappointed that [Mr Farage] will effectively hand seats to Labour who clearly don't want to support Brexit".

He added: "I think if we had a clear run at it we'd have a strong chance – Boris is a straight-talker which goes down very well in Hartlepool – but if the Brexit Party stand we will just take each other out."

Rearrange..... AT.... DESPERATLEY.... STRAWS....CLUTCHING.

diSme

Quote from: mk1 on December 05, 2019, 04: PM

Express thinks otherwise

Haha, I have to disagree with this so called 'expert'.
I agree that there will always be a relatively healthy labour vote in the town, unfortunately. However it is far from being infallible.
This is going to be an interesting election, that's for sure.
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: diSme on December 05, 2019, 05: PM

Haha, I have to disagree with this so called 'expert'.

Apparently you are not the only one who doubts the 'experts'.  I was at the ramp today and near the alky seat there was a table set up with some people with bright blue hats bothering shoppers.  I listened in on the conversations and a member of the public (who made the fatal mistake of pausing when approached) was told not to take any notice of the opinion polls as they had secret info that 'their' share of the vote was being massively undercounted and they were going to win big time in many seats. Another person was informed that 'Tice' was going to bring 'massive' investment to the town (going to invest his  tax-evasion money  back into the town?) and many firms were just waiting for his election to  flood the town with  well paid  jobs. In the end I could not work out who was more addled. The  bickering drunks and addicts on my  left   or the delusional blue-hat propagandists to my right!