Help Tactical voting steer required

Started by Pragmatist, December 03, 2019, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pragmatist

Like many people I am desperate to ensure Corbyn does not get into power.
In order to vote tactically to deny him a seat in Hartlepool can anyone shed light on the current polling in the town.
Who is really most likely to unseat Hill, do we know how close either Tory or Brexit candidate are to Labour in the town ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Pragmatist on December 03, 2019, 12: PM
In order to vote tactically to deny him a seat in Hartlepool can anyone shed light on the current polling in the town.
Who is really most likely to unseat Hill, do we know how close either Tory or Brexit candidate are to Labour in the town ?

Reckon the Brexit Party has the better chance of toppling Hill.

diSme

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on December 03, 2019, 01: PM
Quote from: Pragmatist on December 03, 2019, 12: PM

Reckon the Brexit Party has the better chance of toppling Hill.

I agree
I believe everything and nothing

Land Phil

Brexit Party appear to be the only one making an effort and I say that as somebody not keen on the party, so no favouritism.

Brexit Party = Hugh Grant with extra slick hair dressing
Labour Party = Forest Gump without the chocolates
SLP = Kim Jong-un from behind
Conservative - AWOL then again I don't frequent West Park
Independent = non runner with a broken leg in in 3:30 at Sedgefield

Hartlepool has to choose the least worst again ...lucky us.

fred c

I'll cut the numbers down for you, there are only 2 real horses in The Race and they are Mike Hill Labour Party and Richard Tice Brexit Party.

How you Vote depends on what you personally want from your MP.

If you want a member of parliament that follows the party line, even if that line is contrary to the majority of the electorates opinion then Mike Hill is your man.

If you want a member of parliament who is prepared to carry out the wishes of the people who voted to put him into office Richard Tice is your man.

Inspector Knacker

In normal circumstances, Mike Hill would come second if he stood unopposed, but.... it's Tice or Hickory.
Cue Lib Dem claiming he has a chance, but no he doesn't.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on December 03, 2019, 04: PM

If you want a member of parliament who is prepared to carry out the wishes of the people who voted to put him into office Richard

For example  he will 'restore'  the fishing fleet to Hartlepool and that is a cast iron certainty?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 03, 2019, 05: PM

If you want a member of parliament who is prepared to carry out the wishes of the people who voted to put him into office Richard

For example  he will 'restore'  the fishing fleet to Hartlepool and that is a cast iron certainty?
Who Cranney....?

Inspector Knacker

I don't see you questioning Mike Hill's proclamations of intent, unless of course he's waiting to be told what they are.

fred c

I never mentioned fishing fleets...... I merely pointed out the fact that if voters wanted a candidate to act on the will of the 69% of the people of Hartlepool, it would be Richard Tice.

diSme

I'll be surprised if Tice doesn't win the majority vote.
People are annoyed about Brexit not happening, and labour voters are very much put off by the idea of a second referendum. I really don't see it going labour's way in Hartlepool.
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: fred c on December 03, 2019, 07: PM

I never mentioned fishing fleets......

Tice did.
You say he will carry out 'the wishes of the people who vote for him' and given he said he would bring back the fishing boats
then people will have voted for him expecting him to do just that.
I do not believe he can deliver. I doubt anyone who knows about the subject believe he can do it so my question is what is the point of voting for a Politician who can not/will not  deliver on his promises? 
By all means say that 'someone else deserves a chance' instead of introducing  reasons to make it seem like the voting decision was based on realistic  policy expectations.
Besides  it is blindingly obvious 90%  of the support for Tice is all about one single issue.

.........the will of the 69% of the people of Hartlepool..........,

The will of 69% of the 66% who voted. Which is the will of 46% of the people of Hartlepool. All done in my head and thus not  absolutely accurate.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 03, 2019, 07: PM

I never mentioned fishing fleets......

Tice did.
You say he will carry out 'the wishes of the people who vote for him' and given he said he would bring back the fishing boats
then people will have voted for him expecting him to do just that.
I do not believe he can deliver. I doubt anyone who knows about the subject believe he can do it so my question is what is the point of voting for a Politician who can not/will not  deliver on his promises? 
By all means say that 'someone else deserves a chance' instead of introducing  reasons to make it seem like the voting decision was based on realistic  policy expectations.
Besides  it is blindingly obvious 90%  of the support for Tice is all about one single issue.
Good God, ring the church bells the penny's finally dropped. Of course it is.

.........the will of the 69% of the people of Hartlepool..........,

The will of 69% of the 66% who voted. Which is the will of 46% of the people of Hartlepool. All done in my head and thus not  absolutely accurate.
Remainers are noted for their creative accounting when it comes to elections. Even if you use your mathematical slight of hand, the remain vote will be even less because you arrogantly assume anyone who isn't for Brexit is against it. You can't have it both ways but even both ways your side lost big time again.
Your maths like your politics are painfully selective.

akarjl2

Another approach

Don't turn out and vote.......it would be hilarious if we got the lowest turnout in Britain ......and Labour got shafted......
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....