Press release re CEO

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, March 09, 2020, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

PRESS RELEASE ....

Hartlepool Borough Council Chief Executive to retire

It's been announced Gill Alexander, the Chief Executive of Hartlepool Borough Council, will step down from the position later this year.

Ms Alexander has been Chief Executive of Hartlepool Borough Council for the past five years and has given over 40 years' service to the public sector, most of which have been in the North East of England.

During her time as Chief Executive of Hartlepool Borough Council, Ms Alexander has delivered major improvements to services which has resulted in all services being rated good and outstanding and also winning a number of national awards for innovation.

She has also overseen major investment into the regeneration of Seaton Carew, Church Street and Church Square and recently secured over £55m to invest in the next stage of renewal which will deliver new leisure facilities, a film and TV studio, improved cultural venues and – working in partnership with the National Museum of the Royal Navy – a visitor attraction of national significance.

Ms Alexander said "Hartlepool is a remarkable Borough with a great team working across Council Services.

"It has been a huge privilege and honour to serve as the Council's Chief Executive during these landmark years in the Borough's history.

"I would like to thank the staff team, elected members and Council partners for the way they have worked together to shape an exciting future for the Borough of Hartlepool."

Councillor Shane Moore, Leader of Hartlepool Borough Council, said: "It has been an absolute pleasure to work with Gill over the past four years. Her passion for public service and the genuine love of her adopted town of Hartlepool has always been on display.   

"I would like to thank Gill for all she has done during her time with Hartlepool Borough Council and wish her the very best in her next adventure."

The Council's Finance and Policy Committee approved a succession plan on Monday 9th March, the details of which will be considered by the Council's Appointments Panel on Friday 13th March.

Land Phil

Will be missed like removing  a pebble from my shoe.

diSme

I wonder why she's stepping down....

It's a pretty cushy number after all.
I believe everything and nothing

stokoe

Earned plenty of cash why not.

kevplumb

how much is the pension::)
is she going into full-time god bothering now with her nice little nest egg that we paid for ???
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Sparky3366

Quote from: Land Phil on March 09, 2020, 07: PM
Will be missed like removing  a pebble from my shoe.
😂😂😂😂😂

Johnny Bongo

Is there something due to materialise  in the near future?  A scandal maybe?  Are the accounts up to date...and correct?  Has she finally realised that Labour / the Scabs are out of the game now and with it, her raison d'etre?  At least we, the long suffering public, won't have to put up with that singular photo of her...you know...the one (and only) where she looks like she's stifling a fart! 

Inspector Knacker

The council equivalent of ' The man who never was'..... rose without trace, had all the impact of a marshmallow artillery shell . Will we ever see her like again....? I hope not.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.