No show stops play.

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, April 26, 2019, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Is this a deliberate ploy by the labour council to stick a spoke in Ben Houchams wheel........?

Inspector Knacker

It would come as no surprise. They've been in power too long to come to terms with not being able to do it their way.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

SRMoore

This was the committee I used to sit on but had taken away and given to Dr Pothole/Ann Marshall.

At the last meeting I attended as a member I was thanked by the Labour Chairman, Norma Stevenson, for being the only representative from Hartlepool Borough Council to attend the committee that year and a letter was sent to HBC back then requesting representatives that will actually turn up and allow business to proceed.

Looks like things haven't changed.

Heknocks68

If members scheduled to attend are failing to do so fine them via their respective allowances, which they are more than happy to take regardless of attendance. Under no circumstances should ANY cost be born by the public purse other than the allowances allocated to councillors. Shape up or ship out. On a personal level for what it is worth, I had doubts about the whole TVCA from the off, it has not changed. Granted it is not just our councillors, however.

SRMoore

Perhaps the lack of attendance is linked to the fact that there is no attendance allowance or SRA for attending meetings with the TVCA.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Inspector Knacker

They give me the impression this town is their kingdom and they see no reason or have any wish to venture beyond it's boundaries unless there's something being offered.
The idea of civic duty is a mystery to them.

Heknocks68

Quote from: SRMoore on April 26, 2019, 06: PM
Perhaps the lack of attendance is linked to the fact that there is no attendance allowance or SRA for attending meetings with the TVCA.
Valid point, suggests  "Nowt in it for me, not bothered" does the same apply to the police committee that no one attends? Proportionate withdrawl of allowance may alter the perception on the matter.

Inspector Knacker

Any Councillor should have the moral integrity to perform their role diligently. We appear to have a knot of couldn't give a toss can't be a***d political opportunists who haven't got a clue what their duty to their electorate is.
Simply put, a Councillor has to care about the town and the people, it's not a political Country Club.

Inspector Knacker

How the Hell did this happen? If they aren't prepared to perform the basic functions of a Councillor, resign.
I get the impression they just can't be a*s*d.
What do they expect to be doing as Councillors?
This to me shows a complete lack of commitment to the role and could it be the case that some people just aren't up to the job educationally, finding it all just a bit too much to comprehend what's actually going on. But, when you send nodding dogs out to do a proper dogs role, you have to lower your expectations drastically. Admittedly, the dogs trainers aren't exactly pedigrees.