Billy Liar

Started by Disgruntled voter, December 22, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disgruntled voter

Once again the council tax is going up to fill a deficit of 1.56 million caused by austerity measures those  pesky tories put in place.....nothing at all to do with the scatter cash approach to finance from the current clowncil . Would the council still need to increase council tax by 3.9 % ,if those simpletons hadn't made such poor financial decisions. ....the cafe in the crem, Jackson's landing , mayors medall, tall ships , allowance increase,  Church Street phase Z , scam charities,  public buildings for private business.....I could go on and on .Seaton parking charges. ..how's that being spent ? Hate them all with a passion

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/council-tax-payers-in-hartlepool-to-be-hit-with-3-9-rise-on-their-bills-from-next-april-after-councillors-approve-increase-1-9505607

Johnny Bongo

What's happened to all the supposed £50+million in the bank?  Or is this put to one side for 'special' projects...like CIC's, community centres, jolly jaunts to Belfast and Portsmouth, etc?
When the truth finally emerges and the 'authorities' are called in (probably when the Council is bankrupt!) let's see which Labour councillor squeals first! 

Owen Jones

Could have been a lot worse the national increase is 5.1% so keep your chins up

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Owen Jones on December 22, 2018, 08: PM

What's the level after which a referendum's required?

UnknownUser

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on December 22, 2018, 08: PM

5.9% if I remember correctly.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: UnknownUser on December 22, 2018, 09: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on December 22, 2018, 08: PM

5.9% if I remember correctly.

Thanks - I wasn't sure.

Inspector Knacker

A Rates rise under this lot is like the high tide in the tide table. It can be forecast years in advance and no one can claim to be surprised by it.
It's what they do.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hartlepudlion

There is a chance that CT could go up higher as the final budget has not been agreed. There are several possible amendments in the pipeline.

Don't hold your breath.

Heknocks68

The seaon of goodwill!!!! Another increase, which still will not be enough, it will help towards the annual allowance increase for the few I guess, but in the bigger scheme of things wont alter a great deal apart from increase the numbers filing for bankruptcy maybe. Would not be suprised if the Happy and Prosperous new year to all staff results in a few thousand p45s being printed and dispatched. So all the best to everyone. Keep safe and keep well. 118 or 114. Quickquotes or Quick loans. Time for a small libation.

Inspector Knacker

I dare say if they got a 100% increase in the rates they'd still be singing/whining the 'Austerity' song at the top of their voices.
I'd love to see a Labour government get in just to see their reaction, as their main prop/excuse is pulled away from under them.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.