£52,000,000 in reserves.

Started by Inspector Knacker, January 15, 2018, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Not a bad amount to have stashed under the municipal mattress for a rainy day ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

In a town with a growing number of food banks, soup kitchens, health issues and rising crime.

Just goes it is day dreamers in ivory towers that look after our hard earned money.
I don't believe it.

Hartlepudlion

I've been told that over £40,000,000 is ringfenced for staff and Councillers pensions!

So not so much if correct.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Are pensions payable for councillors? After all, they're only paid an allowance (albeit taxable) rather than a salary.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 15, 2018, 01: PM
Not a bad amount to have stashed under the municipal mattress for a rainy day ?
says  them (HBC )that blame the government  at every opportunity  of starving h,pool of cash just were did it come from then  ;)

jeffh

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on January 15, 2018, 05: PM
I've been told that over £40,000,000 is ringfenced for staff and Councillers pensions!

So not so much if correct.

My understanding is that councillors are self employed and as such would have to make their own pension arrangements.  The Constitution states that a Councillor can not be an employee of the council

Hubris

[/quote]

My understanding is that councillors are self employed and as such would have to make their own pension arrangements.  The Constitution states that a Councillor can not be an employee of the council
[/quote]
Does that mean if Daddy Belcher wants to jump on the gravy train, he'll have to resign from his road-sweeping career with HBC?
Such a shame just after his recent promotion. Apparently he finally got his very own brush!

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on January 16, 2018, 08: PM

Such a shame just after his recent promotion. Apparently he finally got his very own brush!

His missus got a brand new bungalow!