police commisioner

Started by perseus, September 13, 2012, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

Quote from: kipperdip on September 16, 2012, 04: PM
I know what you're saying Steve, but I beg to differ from your 'fatalistic' viewpoint.
If I think................................

(A) that the whole lot are a crock of s**t
(B) that they are merely 'identikit' copies of each other

Should members of this forum accept this to mean that you have spoken to all of the PCC candidates and formed this opinion from those discussions? No, I didn't think so.

I can't speak on behalf of the other candidates but I would be more than happy to arrange for you to meet with Ken Lupton and discuss your concerns. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to oblige.

christine blakey

I thought it was worse to not vote and then be blamed for not doing so.  Surely an election is an election and so we should be encouraging people to vote?

I suggest that a meeting is set up by Shane, so that we can speak to Ken asap?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

maybe spoiled votes  send more of a message than no votes.

I don't believe it.

christine blakey

Yes, I noticed that spoiled votes did tell a tale when I was involved.  However, if people fear certain people or parties getting in, then not to vote leaves it so wide open to those from political parties getting the votes, it really defeats the object of protect non-voting?

Sorry but the experience I have shows that digging your heals in can often backfire when it comes to the wonderful world of politics.  I suggest we do all we can to get the best out of a bad situation.  If we have been forced in to this, then we need to be active in getting that message out, not downing tools and allowing the post to be taken up by politics and not the people of the town.

However as Shane says, let us ask questions of candidates.  I hope you are all going to the meeting tonight at Hartlepool FE College?  I am sure a few candidates, even those who have not yet thrown their hat in the ring will be there.  If they are not, that is a question in itself????

SRMoore

For your information - Ken Luptons' campaign website.
http://kenlupton.co.uk/

steveL

I suppose we should have the relevant web bits for all of the candidates. Will have to have a look around.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.