Seaton`s £70,000

Started by fred c, September 10, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

I have over the last few weeks had reason to potter along the Sea Front at Seaton, with the recent good weather it has been a trip down memory lane with the number of people who have been knocking about.

It goes to show that despite the various problems that Seaton has it can still attract families for a day out, lots of people on the beach & the variuos shops packed, the chippies were doing a roaring trade.

I was however disappointed to see the recently re-vamped section of sea front between The Green & the Staincliffe, the shaped mounds of grass that surround the "Groynes" don`t have any grass on them, just bare earth that looks dreadful, & the flower beds are just full of weeds

Considering this "Improvement" ???? cost £70,000 why does it look as though it is still a construction site ?

I was under the impression that the whole grassed are was going to be subject to improvement........... ( personally ) i thought all that was required was to resurface & re-edge the paths & turn the flower beds over & stick some flowers in.

We now have something that is totally out of character with the traditional look of Seaton Carew, what puzzles me is, who is it within HBC that comes up with these schemes ????

eddy

marky

Apparently, this guy is quite infamous for his benefits claims and his 40st stature - a 4 x4 on benefits - can't be bad. ;)