When 'Sorry' Just Isn't Enough

Started by steveL, August 07, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

"A 12-year-old disabled girl may have died more than four hours before staff at a Greater Manchester hospital noticed......"

The latest in a steady stream of cases...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-19151918
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

:-[ This is the cut price future for the NHS i'm afraid.  :-[

Lucy Lass-Tick

Squeezed funding's one thing - incompetency and neglect are another story. My heart goes out to the family of this poor little girl; a child who died alone and possibly frightened.

fred c

Heads should roll in this case, the CEO of the organisation should accept responsibilty for the whole episode, he or she, should sack the people responsible & then resign the position.

A desperately sad end to the life of a little girl who deserved better treatment from " Health Proffesionals" her family should persue this matter as far as is needed to prevent this happening to anyone else.

In my opinion the fascile apologies by those concerned add insult to injury, they should hang their heads in shame.

I`m afraid this has nothing to do with the present governments health policies, but more to do with the lack of basic humanitarian feelings from people earning a living in what should be a caring occupation

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I am sure a report will be produced and lessons will be learnt.

Why is it such a different world in the public sector compared to the private sector.

Few people especially managers in the public sector fear repercussions where as in the private sector you have to walk on water
to avoid losing your job.
I don't believe it.

steveL

People are way to quick to blame such incidents on financial cut-backs. This is not about cut-backs. This is about a lack of basic humanity and in a profession where you would expect it to be present in bucket loads.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So many in the NHS have faced job insecurity, poor pay rises, offensive treatment from the managers in their ivory towers while having extra pressure put on them.

If you treat people like s**t is it any surprise that s**t happens ...it is human nature.

I don't believe it.