The Tarnished Jewel

Started by marky, August 03, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

steveL

looks like you've made the big time, marky  ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

11 years of Drummond and thats what we have to show for it. The £800,000 we paid him could have been better spent.

Good video Marky, well done, you should send a copy to Dave Stubbs and the Mail.

christine blakey

This should definitely go to the Civic and the media just in case they have not read this thread.

Well done, to think that you did this for free, yet another effective contribution from a resident who wants things right in this town. 

If we are swilling money about, this is where it could settle?

christine blakey

Thank you Perseus, won't be on much as still recovering from illness but hey, that video is excellent.  I am sure that HBC will be shocked to see it.  It really does show what lies beneath.  We have the potential to develop the Marina into the special entity it could be.  Tourism galore.  However, we need to invest in the actual area, not another way really?

I wonder how much has been made on the car parking charges over the months?

On another thread, they talk about ships and boats coming to us.  What we should be doing is getting the berth holders involved as they are so enthusiastic and you would not need to worry about maintenance.  They could easily develop some ideas.  It is what I was doing some time ago and I know it would work to the benefit of the area; Hartlepool as a whole.

no6bus

i appear to be missing the point here, arent mandale still owners of the marina area and as such responsible for the upkeep of it, if so how is drummond responsible, the council officers should be chasing mandale especially health and safety department,

rabbit

"how is drummond responsible?"
"the council officers should be chasing mandale "

And who should be chasing the council officers?

According to Direct.Gov website,

Elected mayors are responsible for the day-to-day running of local services. They are voted for by local people, and serve for four years. They provide political leadership to the council and the community, and carry out the local authority's policies.

The Great Dictator

Mandale only own bits it but defo not the Wingfield Castle.

for fawkes sake

Normally, the council would adopt the infrastructure of any new development within a relatively short time but it's never happened on The Marina and the developers are still responsible. Two years ago, Dave Stubbs announced that adoption would take place within two weeks but it didn't happen because of a dispute over the crap sewage system. As I understand it, that responsibility has now passed to Northumbria Water but still no progress has been made over HBC adopting the other infrastructure.
Marina residents vote in elections and pay council tax but HBC is all too ready to pass the buck to Mandale over any maintenance issues. The point is that those residents have no representation within Mandale and can only rely on their elected councillors and HBC generally to push the case for better maintenance. There's also the apsect of the Marina being viewed as a town assset which HBC should surely take a pro-active interest in.
So you're right about Mandale having the responsibility but it's only through the council that any pressure can be brought to bear on the developers and they ain't doing it.
There's no question over the Wingfield Castle - HBC own it and are responsible for maintaining it.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

no6bus

Quote from: rabbit on August 05, 2012, 10: AM
"how is drummond responsible?"
"the council officers should be chasing mandale "

And who should be chasing the council officers?

According to Direct.Gov website,

Elected mayors are responsible for the day-to-day running of local services. They are voted for by local people, and serve for four years. They provide political leadership to the council and the community, and carry out the local authority's policies.

wouldnt the portfolio holder who actually receives extra money to be responsible be the one to chase the council officers. unless the mayor is the portfolio holder then yes its his responsibility.

for fawkes sake

Well it couldn't really fall under neighbourhood services as it has never actually been adopted - though it was Dave Stubbs who did the failed negotiations with Mandale. Drummond has the portfolio for regeneration among others but as Mayor, he has overall responsibility for everything.
We need someone at the top of  the Council to jump up and down a bit over the whole maintenance issue but given the opportunity to blame someone else they always seem to be content to opt for the latter. As a result - nothing changes.
I would have thought that the parking charges that were supposed to be spent on maintenance would be reason enough for one of the local Councillors to make a fuss.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

christine blakey

No matter what, something needs to be done. 

Health and safety glares out and I for one would not be laughing if someone was injured or killed through this flaws through neglect.

I think someone needs to direct HBC to this site and ask for answers.  In this way, we will find out who is responsible but ultimately, we need to deal with this and get it sorted.  If those delegated do nothing, then the person at the top needs to push.  That is what they are paid handsomely for.

No excuses.  Get this done, or alternately, send this to the Health and Safety Executive!

no6bus

Quote from: for fawkes sake on August 05, 2012, 12: PM
Well it couldn't really fall under neighbourhood services as it has never actually been adopted - though it was Dave Stubbs who did the failed negotiations with Mandale. Drummond has the portfolio for regeneration among others but as Mayor, he has overall responsibility for everything.
We need someone at the top of  the Council to jump up and down a bit over the whole maintenance issue but given the opportunity to blame someone else they always seem to be content to opt for the latter. As a result - nothing changes.
I would have thought that the parking charges that were supposed to be spent on maintenance would be reason enough for one of the local Councillors to make a fuss.

so councillors for headland and harbour ward which covers the headland and the marina area would all be labour robbie payne, jim ainslie and peter jackson
so lets examine ainslies role,
Committees

Member of Audit, Licensing, Planning and Scrutiny Co-ordinating Committees

Member of Regeneration and Planning Services Scrutiny and North and Coastal Neighbourhood Forums
peter jackson
Committees

Member of Licensing Committee, Neighbourhood Services and North and Coastal Neighbourhood Forum
robbie payne
Committees

Member of Planning and Scrutiny Co-ordinating Committees and Regeneration and Planning Services Scrutiny, Neighbourhood Services Scrutiny and North and Coastal Neighbourhood Forums.

so mmm who could be responsible for a coastal section like the marina?
answers on a post card to labour towers

mk1

So a case of :
'nothing to do with me mate. I am too busy running the Police Committe anyway'

Strangely this same person (who  it is said has no responsibility for the 'Jewel In The Crown') is never shy of claiming the credit for any good news about the place.

marky

Isn't that the frustration of all this? How many times have we heard the phrase 'Jewel in the Crown' yet when it comes to looking after it HBC has really done nothing. It might be down to Mandale/Jomast but why aren't the Councillors/Drummond demanding the developers pull their finger out - a bit like what we are doing on here?