Jackson's Landing

Started by for fawkes sake, July 29, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no6bus

Quote from: mk1 on July 31, 2012, 08: PM
Another less than positive 'review' of the town.
He notices the way the roads have been allowed to cut off the Marina from the rest of the town.

http://kulturekapitalblog.com/2012/04/30/hartlepool-waving-or-drowning/

This whole area feels like a large, damp squib: With its drab and inadequate signage, dislocation from the town centre and capitulation to down market out of town and fast food outlets reached by car, this is an area which will struggle to make a positive impact on the town or visitors without a complete rethink. The area is crying out for a bold vision and masterplan, without which it will just be another example of an opportunity lost through poor planning and execution. It's a sorry sight and Hartlepool undoubtedly deserves better

Whilst on the subject of pedestrians v cars I note the massive reduction of pavement being carried out on the Oxford rd/Stocton rd corner. It looks dangerous to  to me.

massive is a bit ott isnt it, they have simply made a junction better for larger vehicles coming down oxford road and turning onto stockton road and as for dangerous, behave if anything it reduces the risk of a large vehicle vehicle clipping the kerb with the rear wheels, if you want to complain about that work at the junction complain about Tangent the contractors who manage to make a job stretch out for monthe, these are the same contractors who carried out the work on catcote road at mowbray road junction, truro drive/fens shops and wynyard road they may well be the cheapest but surely another contractor who can actually bring in the job on time would be worth the few bob extra     

for fawkes sake

Reading through this thread, it's still not clear if the place has been sold or not - only rumours from what I read.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

for fawkes sake

That's the point, isn't it? If it were true then it would have been all over the Mail and certainly in Drummond's column.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

christine blakey

So far we must have paid a reserved £50,000 for someone else's (preferred businesses and developers) business plans.  They will then decide to buy or not to buy.

Sometimes if developers get the planning permission, they really do not care if we end up with a raft of empty flats or units, they just need to sell a few to make a profit and anything else is a bonus.  These days, desperation will make it an even more desirable deal though the concerns raised on this thread about viability should be highlighted.

It is so sad that we have such a prime area run so down.  But then looking at the whole of the Marina to which it is linked, then we should note that it is like a disease that needs to be stopped!

I am absolutely confident that things could be done but it will take a tight fist around finance and we just do not have that here.  When money comes in, wages at the top go up as they say they are worth it for the added responsibility and the workers on the ground are ground into the ground with the added pressure with no extra recognition or remuneration.  It is a sad state of affairs and I would love HBC to simply read this thread and think bloody minded that they should secretly take the advice of the posters and get things sorted without corporate greed or hospitality.  That is where the problems hit at the Tall Ships. 

I really cannot understand why people in charge wouldn't like to get these things really sorted to please the people.  They must know that lots of people are annoyed about things.  ON ITV news a few days ago, a woman summed the wariness of the public up by saying "They get in and do what they want and not what they said".  This is why you get repeat voting if voting at all.

I think a video of Jackson's Landing would be useful, Marky the Movie Maker could get on to it.  It might just become the third in the series of a classic drive to get rid of the real grot spots.

I feel now is the time if the owners are being so stubborn to penalise these people.  Despite the law going with them, there is that which goes against, and we could provide penalties for loss of tourism with such dirty and dangerous buildings which blight our town.  If we did that, we might own the buildings for free and also have a little honey pot of money to do them up a little.

That might sound easy but sitting back and just feeding the media wit hope for us is certainly not a suitable alternative and that is what we have got at the moment.  The owners are left without name and shame at our expense.  No wonder they don't do anything, would you when they are not pushed to?