Regeneration Costs Soar

Started by marky, July 25, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: Donkey Kong on July 31, 2012, 12: PM
Quote from: fred c on July 31, 2012, 07: AM
Let the developer carry the costs, if they entered into a legitimate contract & they haven`t done their research into the issues involved thats their problem, any further costs should be down to them, not the rate payers.

If the fault lies with HBC in someway, Damien should get the bullet....... he would if he worked in a similar position in the private sector & dropped a major B*****K.

From the little that I've read on this issue it appears that HBC carried the risk on ground conditions when entering into the Contract, therefore there is no reason whatsoever that the Contractor should "carry the costs". 

It therefore appears that the fault lies entirely at the office door of this Wilson muppet who appears to be lacking the brains that he was born with.

If this is correct DK, surely there should be some disciplinary action taken against the person responsible, if i made a blunder & cost my employer £300,000 i would expect quite rightly to be sacked on the spot.

I would have thought the chairman of the planning commitee should be accountable as well, but as with most things in life.... S**t rolls downhill, so some poor sod in the planning office will end up carrying the can.

testing times

You know as well as I do Fred that no one at HBC ever 'carries the can'. That's our job through paying one of the highest council taxes in the country - it's only money - it's just not theirs and as a result they don't give a hoot.