A message from planet Tharg.....

Started by marky, July 25, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Vincent on August 01, 2012, 09: AM
Mk1 - Please be accurate with your quotes...your first post said Drummond boasts about 3m visitors then your next one says (correctly) that STEAM said it

I know what I said. I even linked the exact quote and  the monkey was shown to be agreeing with it. I bet he was the one who introduced the report in order to help with his Tall Stories II delusion.

The article mentioned York, which you cut out of your post, from that I understood that the 3 million was for a much wider area including York.

I linked the full article but let us have a close look at the '3 million' bit:

Hartlepool's visitor economy, valued at an estimated £119m, supports 2,000 jobs and attracts three million visitors.............................The visitor economy figures include tourists heading to Hartlepool Marina, Seaton Carew, the Headland and the Hartlepool Maritime Experience.
It also takes into account people coming to town for meetings, football matches at Hartlepool United and shoppers to Middleton Grange Shopping Centre'

I don't see the  mention of 'York' or  a 'wider area' anywhere.
If there is a fuller report that does  say that then I presume you will be straight on to The Mail about it.

To described Hartlepool as being on the "end of a road that goes nowhere" is an insult to the people who live, work and love this town.

You insult too easily. A simple matter of geography can not be denied.

Vincent

An Apology to Mk1 - sorry i must have picked up the York bit from somewhere else.

I have spent a bit of time trying to find out a bit more info on STEAM without any luck but I did find more info about the stats. on page 23 on the following link

http://www.investinhartlepool.com/pdfs/ers_action_plan11-14.pdf

The numbers just do not compute!!

stokoe

looking at the link vincent for gods sake how many lead officers are they,
and what will there salaries be.

marky

looks like a lot of PowerPoint presentations to me ....and not much else.

Vincent

The Echo reported a while back that there are 5 officers on £100k+, I would expect each of the named officers are on at least half of that - nice work if you can get it

The info regarding STEAM seems like old news so why has it all of a sudden become news...maybe them watching us on this site discussing tourism set them off? (and quoting Mk1)

popgoestheweasal.

To described Hartlepool as being on the "end of a road that goes nowhere"

Mayor Drummond is right you just do not stumble upon Hartlepool as you are passing.
That is why we need to embrace any publicty we can.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

You need something to publicise ...too many one offs and little in the way of annual events like many other towns.

What about the  racing events we have had off Seaton and Hartlepool, why didn't they come back a second time ?
(We have had the Thunder-cats and some massive speedboats but only once I believe.)

The raft race was always fun and is the type of thing that would make the local TV news these days.

I've visited events in Sunderland and Durham like many I am sure.
I only went because there was an event to go and watch but ended up spending money in their shops too.

I don't believe it.

no6bus

the offshore racing would need some investment from the council and everyone on here would be behind that wouldnt they  ::)

for fawkes sake

There have been off-shore power races before and I'm not aware of any funding that was necessary from HBC. I tink it was funded by The Marina Company but not sure.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."