Mr Barclay and his PHF obsession............

Started by mk1, July 23, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Another letter in the Mail tonight from the Labour cypher Barclay. As usual it is nothing more than a personal  attack on PHF with GL getting the most stick.
The man only ever writes to do down the party so I want the dirt.
Which member of PHF squired  his wife?

rabbit

Vincent

This guy is a trouble making control freak who caused the disintergration of the local RAOB club thus alienating dozens of guys who had been members for years and loved a good night out and giving to charities.

Some of these guys formed a thier own club called Truefellows and meet in the Mill House and some decided to stand as PHF councillors (and 1 LibDem)

Barclay is on a mission (ex army) to destroy these people and anyone who stands in the way of his ambition to run this town - bring it on

The Great Dictator

engineer

Are you guys getting paranoid?  Ive read the article and there was nothing in it about PHF and the comment he made about GL was a questilon which really he should be able to answer.  Vincent's post seems really dodgy to me and could be libellous so I wont go there as I believe that it contravenes what we signed up for when joining this site.  Cant see how Barclay can run this town and if it is his ambition then he is not doing very well at the moment! ???

mk1

Quote from: engineer on July 24, 2012, 10: AM
Are you guys getting paranoid?  Ive read the article and there was nothing in it about PHF and the comment he made about GL was a questilon which really he should be able to answer.

You have to have  seen all of his Mail letters.
He always refers to PHF in a negative way and it is obvious he has deep personal issues that force him to disparage PHF or its members. He had another letter  published about a week ago and it too was a dig at PHF.
The man is a stalker!

engineer

Thanks Mk 1 for that info.   Have read a few of his letters though including that one that ridiculed Alan Wright the columnist in the Mail - is he a member of PHF as well because I thought he was a tory!

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: engineer on July 24, 2012, 12: PM
Thanks Mk 1 for that info.   Have read a few of his letters though including that one that ridiculed Alan Wright the columnist in the Mail - is he a member of PHF as well because I thought he was a tory!

Alan Wright did indeed stand as a Conservative candidate in the last General Election and is not linked with PHF; Mr Barclay must have two barrels to fire...  ;)

engineer

Thanks Lucy - you cleared that one up!  I thought Alan Wright might have swapped sides :)  But that only seems to muddy the waters slightly because Mr Barclay is being accused of stalking the PHF but he also has seems to have issues with other parties?  Doesn't sound much like stalking to me. it looks and sounds just like politics at a local level to me and nothing to get upset about.   Im new to this politics game having only just leaving education and going to try and make it in this big wide world but I am not convinced by these guys because surley if any political figure (in this case GL) makes a public statement (in the Mail) then it is only right and proper that any member of the public (in this case Mr B)  has a right to challenge it - that is all that has happened here that I can see so like I said in my earlier post i think these guys are getting too paranoid about it.  They should chill out  ;D

steveL

Alan Wright used to be a member oif the Labour Party so maybe that explains Barclay's swipe at him. I don't think anyone is particularly bothered by Barclay's literal efforts; his lack of research seems to make him unusually adept at scoring own goals.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

I could be wrong but I think, without exception, Mr Barclays letters to The Mail have always included some sort of jibe at PHF even when PHF was not the main subject of the letter. His contributions seem to have begun just prior to the local elections and were so successful and effective that he couldn't get himself re-elected.
This makes me wonder if we should all be encouraging all of the Labour flock to write letters to The Mail though, thinking about it, I doubt Mad Marge would allow it.

mk1

Quote from: marky on July 25, 2012, 12: PM
I could be wrong but I think, without exception, Mr Barclays letters to The Mail have always included some sort of jibe at PHF even when PHF was not the main subject of the letter.

Exactly the point I was trying to make

for fawkes sake

I have both seen and listened to Mr Barclay close up and I have to say that he doesn't strike me as being a man of letters - a suitable case study for remedial literacy classes, perhaps.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

engineer

Sounds like more paranoia to me chaps - Barclay seems to have got under ur skin and quite frankly cant be doing a bad job at winding u up, if a simple letter in a paper can cause u that much grief.  If Barclay keeps scoring own goals with his letters as SteveL has said, think I definitely need to go to spec savers cause I think he beat you SteveL cause you couldn't reply to Barclay's challenge and name and shame those despicable councillors that  were discussing a rise in expenses which SteveL claimed in his his letter - I think SteveL has  lost that one(lol).  Luv being the devils advocate ::) No use have to change over to another subject as I seem to be getting as paranoid as u lot about him - gonne have nightmares at this rate  :)  Good luck with your obsession :)

mk1

Quote from: engineer on July 26, 2012, 10: AM
Sounds like more paranoia to me chaps - Barclay seems to have got under ur skin and quite frankly cant be doing a bad job at winding u up, if a simple letter in a paper can cause u that much grief. 

He 'aint causing me any grief mate.
I just noticed that whenever he writes a letter to the Mail he always has a childish purile dig at PHF.
I have no connection to PHF so I suggest your paranoi is running away with you.

If Barclay keeps scoring own goals with his letters as SteveL has said, think I definitely need to go to spec savers cause I think he beat you SteveL cause you couldn't reply to Barclay's challenge and name and shame those despicable councillors that  were discussing a rise in expenses which SteveL claimed in his his letter - I think SteveL has  lost that one(lol). 

Ah, you were doing so well with your feigned 'impartiality act as well.........but you never fooled me

I seem to be getting as paranoid as u lot about him -

Yes I noticed.